1.    #1  
    I am trying to install (copy) some Excel spreadsheets from my desktop using Quick Install and it wouldn't let me put it in the 650 memory (there are plenty of space.) It would let me put on the SD card. Did a search through the manual and here and didn't find anything. Can someone tell me if I am missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,

-Johnny
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    The device's memory has a different file structure than the card that doesn't handle flat (non-database) file natively. Move it using the Docs to Go desktop interface instead of Quick Install. That should do it.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxtreo View Post
    I am trying to install (copy) some Excel spreadsheets from my desktop using Quick Install and it wouldn't let me put it in the 650 memory (there are plenty of space.) It would let me put on the SD card. Did a search through the manual and here and didn't find anything. Can someone tell me if I am missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,

-Johnny
    That's the way RAM memory works, you can only put files of a limited range of formats into it, excel not being one of them. SD card is the way to go.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! I will try Doc2Go desktop interface or find an SD card.
    Oh yes, do get an SD card. You can use up to a 2GB SD card in the treo 650 and you can then store .doc and .xls files, music files, games, etc; stuff that would deplete your internal memory. They are very much worth it.