1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to configure a Mac or PC to prevent Sprint from dropping its EDVO connection to the Sprint network (and via bluetooth to PC)? I have to configure my email to be constantly pulling email to keep it from dropping. It seems that it always times-out after 10-15 seconds of inactivity, sometimes longer.
    What program are you using to connect to your PC? PAM or PDANet?

If it's PDANet, I have found using the "Proxy mode" will keep the connection. In regular mode, it seems that when your CPU is getting high use (hogged), the connection is likely to drop.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  3.    #3  
    I am not using PDA net on my PC. On the mac side (dual intel) I simply use the Interconnect Connect software. On the PC side I am using the Sprint driver. My computer is not being hogged as I just leave it and walk away, come back and the connection is dead.
  4.    #4  
    This really is a big problem, gents.
    Any ideas would be greatly apprecited.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is applicable since I don't use PDA net (I'm a BT hack and USB Modem user). Anyhow, if you have send PPP echo packets selected in your PP network options then you will get disconnected after inactivity. This is counter intuitive since you normally sent PPP echo packets to keep the connection open. I'm a Verizon user as well so this might not work with Sprint. I have not tried to see if sending PPP echo packets with the new patched Verizon _1.10 code keeps the connection open, but I doubt it. I ran into this issue back with the 650 using the 1X network and it continued to my 700p.

When you initially set up a BT DUN or other PPP connection to your phone the mac will default to send PPP echo packets so you have to go in and change it. I'm not sure what happens on the PC as I stay away from anything made by Microsloth as much as possible.
    I haven't tried the built-in BT connection.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!