1.    #1  
    I ordered the hybrid case and the holster to go along with it. Had the combo for two days and twice the phone popped out of the holster. Is anyone else having an issue with the holster? The latch that is ontop sticks out real far and keeps getting stuck on things which sends the phone flying. I am thinking about fileing down that piece that extends out on the top of the holster to try and lesson the amount of times it gets stuck on things and sends the phone flying....

i prefer the holster over the leather pouches being that it adds less bulk but this holster has given me no piece of mind... always worried about the phone going flying.

if u put the phone in the holster and try and force out it is in nice and tight, which is good and i think that is the way seidio tested it but they never wore it out in the real world and noticed how that thumb piece on the latch sticks out too far and gets caught on things...
    I just bought the same combo. I was worried about the same thing. It hasn't yet, but you have confirmed my fears. I really like this set-up and hope that there is a solution. I was also thinking of how easy it would be for someone to bump into me in busy surroundings and lift the phone right off me. I probably wouldn't notice right away.
    Last edited by caseyatbt; 09/19/2007 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    I ordered the hybrid case and the holster to go along with it. Had the combo for two days and twice the phone popped out of the holster. Is anyone else having an issue with the holster? The latch that is ontop sticks out real far and keeps getting stuck on things which sends the phone flying. I am thinking about fileing down that piece that extends out on the top of the holster to try and lesson the amount of times it gets stuck on things and sends the phone flying....

i prefer the holster over the leather pouches being that it adds less bulk but this holster has given me no piece of mind... always worried about the phone going flying.

if u put the phone in the holster and try and force out it is in nice and tight, which is good and i think that is the way seidio tested it but they never wore it out in the real world and noticed how that thumb piece on the latch sticks out too far and gets caught on things...
    Italiangspot,

I'm sorry you're not happy with your holster, but we use this design on our full line of holsters and have very few complaints. Please send me your information and I'll get you an RMA so you can return it for a refund. On your case, I'm not sure how glue would ever get on your product but I'd be happy to get you a replacement for that as well. Just email your information to forum@seidio.com and I'll take care of it.

Thanks
  4.    #4  
    i sent an email to orders@seidio.com right after i received the item. i received a response yesterday and they are sending me out a new case to replace the one that i have received.

As far as the holster. with a metal file, i filed down that piece that sticks out ontop to see if this helps with it getting stuck on things and allowing the phone to pop out. If i am still having trble with the phone popping out after i performed this task would i still be able to return it?

below is the picture of the case, if u could see the two cloudy spots that was inside of the case

i outlined the marks in red, make picture bigger to see
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i sent an email to orders@seidio.com right after i received the item. i received a response yesterday and they are sending me out a new case to replace the one that i have received.

As far as the holster. with a metal file, i filed down that piece that sticks out ontop to see if this helps with it getting stuck on things and allowing the phone to pop out. If i am still having trble with the phone popping out after i performed this task would i still be able to return it?

below is the picture of the case, if u could see the two cloudy spots that was inside of the case

i outlined the marks in red, make picture bigger to see
    That pic is strange...don't think I've ever seen that. I'm glad customer service is getting you taken care of on your case. I'm not sure if I can do anything with the holster, but if you still decide you don't want it, email me and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
    Let me know how the filing worked out.
    Well, it happened today. I bumped the case, Treo popped out, hit the ground, case popped open, and my Treo is now scratched up. I just noticed that my "F" button is stuck pushed in. It still has enough play to work.
    The whole point of buying the case was for protection. This sucks.
  8.    #8  
    dam i am sorry to hear that, i got lucky, the two times it bounced out, once it landed on rug and the other time it landed on grass, since i have filed the clip portion out it has been much better, i am going to continue to monitor and i will follow up with some pics
  9.    #9  
    i found that this helped in stopping that extended lip getting caught on things
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How much more difficult is it to get out of the holster? And how bad does the filed surface look?
    Thanks
  11.    #11  
    the filed surface looks fine, i used wire cutters to start, to get off the big piece then a metal file to file down and make even.. then to finsih it, i used the same metal file but only went in one direction , making it nice and smooth against the phone

i dont see it making a big difference in taking out the phone, i just slide my finger along the back of the phone until i feel the clip notch and then lift up

that slide might take a sec or so more to find location rather then just hitting clip directly but hey, if the phone is real easy for u to take out then it will also be asy for it to be taken out by foreign objects

i guess this is my temp fix until seidio releases a new edition holster