1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I just downloaded ThinkDB to my brand new, Red Edge and have a question about registering it.

I've read in reviews, and here on VC that the ThinkDB Palm app is free, and if you pay the $39.95 it's for the desktop software.

But...

The ThinkDB app is a 15 day demo, and is now counting down to expiring. So I'd like some input from other ThinkDB user about what they've done. Is this something new?
    ThinkingBytes responded to my email, by saying that the $40 was for a licence for the palm app, and the desktop software was a bonus.

So what the VC verdict on this?

Thanks!
    xxx,
    Jenny
    IIFC, the folks at ThinkDB recently (as in within the last couple of months, I believe), changed their licensing structure. The comments and reviews you read were most likely written before the change.
    I originally downloaded ThinkDB1.0 and it was a demo. I decided not to keep the software. I later found that with version 2.0, the Palm app was Free but you had to pay for the conduit to sync up to MSAccess. I got the Palm App, not the conduit (as I am sure many people did).

When they updated the software again they went back to charging for the Palm App. I am guessing they were losing money. I guess they hoped people would see the need for syncing and would buy the conduit, and that must not have happened.

Hope this helps.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I thought it might be something like that. Still, it's good software, and I've already rolled a few databases that I'd like to continue using, so I'll probably buy it.

Thanks for the info!
    xxx,
    Jenny