Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I quite often find my Treo 680 phone to be switched off accidently when i use the red power button. Is there any app that will map the phone off function away from the red power button that will turn off the phone network?

One situation that often does this is when i'm killing a call and i've pressed the red power button more than once or pressed it too hard and trigger the phone network off function.

I've tried oneKey (wish solutions) but it comletely maps out the red power button so while i can't switch off the phone network (good) i also can't kill the phone calls (no good) and also can't switch off the treo 680 (no biggie here, can depend on it to time-out). OneKey basically remapped the red entire power key to other functions.

I need something that will prevent me from switching off the phone network with the red power button.
    Last edited by adambike; 09/17/2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: better 2nd time around
    I think if you just touch it once it hangs up and there is little danger of powering down which, at least with my phone, only occurs if you hold the button down more than briefly.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Yes....but accidents still do happen...and that's why if i could map the phone network off/on functionality away from the red button - it'll help.
    Phone Technician from Hobbyist will allow you to hang up the call by using the Backspace key, as long as you're still in the Phone app when the call ends.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Yes - I checked my Technician and its in the Call Master section. I have to enable call master and it will allow me to use the delete button to hang up call. I'll give that a try. THank-you for the reminder.