Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or has it been 2 months since Palm pulled this? What in the hell is taking so long? Are they even working on it? I can't wait until I find another PDA phone so I can ditch this POS.
    Honestly I think its not going to happen. ;_; . I've (WE'VE) been waiting and waiting (Kinda like the energizer battery). As I predicted they've been working on other products than actually working on the fix for the 700P. The best thing they've at least done was acknowledge there is a issue with the MR and they canned the FOLDeo/Fooleo. It would be nice if they at least would post some type of ETA for this fix. I find it rather sucky that they have not said a PEEP regarding a fix. I'd love to sit here and speculate but honestly who has time for that anymore.

Like I posted before.. Will they fix it? No. The two best scenarios I can imagine is that they will release an updated Treo via VZW and we'll reluctantly forced to upgrade hoping it will fix our problems to only introduce new ones. Or go to another device. I bet one day when the linux-based phone comes out it'll be too late.
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 09/18/2007 at 12:23 AM.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    I have been waiting for 2 months hoping everyday the the fix will be released. I have stopped using data almost completely. I haven't contacted Verizon or Palm, expecting a fix any day.
    So, if they don't fix it, is my defective phone my problem? Am i to go out and buy a different phone, because it is not in Verizon's financial interest to fix what they broke.
    I would be happy with the old firmware, but of course that avenue is not available. They want us to keep the new firmware because it has the new network security authentication method mandated by Qualcomm specifications for EVDO networks. Ever wonder why they flashed every 700P they could get their hands on with broken/bad firmware. It is this authentication method that is the cause of the 700P data issues.

That process is controlled by radio firmware and the network randomly challenges the device for an encrypted firmware value. If the response is not accurate, the device has to shut down the radio for a 60 second interval and later it works again. Unfortunately, as we implemented this new industry required feature (others have not because a full software update is required) we discovered that the Qualcomm chipset programming occasionally would fail that authentication because of a firmware value no one was previously aware of.
    I have noticed that after exactly 60 seconds of trying to use data, it kicks in and start to work.

They also have a fix, but no ones seen it.

We have already developed a complete fix and we are now network testing with Verizon to release.
    I got my quotes from this post
    [HTML]http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151514[/HTML]

No response in 2 months. This is evil and is what is wrong with big business. I pay close to $50 a month for a data service they can't and seemingly won't make work with their own equipment. Why does the firmware problem fall on their customers' shoulders? Isn't there any Verizon/Palm executive that can call BS on this a crack a whip. Can you tell I am feeling helpless?
    Fortunately, I don't have a problem because my phone has 1.06. But you are right, that it is a sad situation. There is no excuse for the delay, especially when they knew there was a problem within the first week. I suspect that neither Palm nor Verizon is taking responsibility and that is partially the cause of the delay.
    Verizon 700wx got the connection patch today, so you guys should see yours soon (the same data connection issue seemed to affect both devices).
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    soupist

Welcome to TreoCentral... Sorry you had to join this way and find out this annoying data problem. I feel as helpess as you are. Two options are dump the device or keep getting a device almost every single week like I have for the past month and a half. I launched a BBB Complaint against Palm and well still didn't go anywhere. I think I'm going to re-launch my complaint but since they haven't fixed the issue still. I know in the past people have tossed around the lawsuit lingo. Like many I've felt lied and cheated. They've at least admitted to the issue and canned the foleo which is 2 of 3 things. If I was an employer demanding something from my employee you bet your **** that they will whatever it takes to keep their job. I'll keep waiting but honestly I'm getting tired of waiting and waiting and waiting. Trust me treo-brutha I feel helpless.

Here are the options I see
    A) Get a new phone. Abandon the Treo or 700P platform. Walk away.
    B) Continue to fight and keep bugging palm/vzw whoever

Anyone else have other options they'd like to add?

Gapost

Dont dare to update to 1.10.. trust the whole community on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Verizon 700wx got the connection patch today, so you guys should see yours soon (the same data connection issue seemed to affect both devices).
    Man....that's the best news I've heard in a long time about the possibility of this issue getting fixed. Maybe I will Google map once again on my 700P. Thanks for the hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    soupist

Welcome to TreoCentral...
    Thanks.....

I feel the same frustrations. I would even be happy with an update about the forth coming update. Maybe the projected release date for a fix. Guesses or even estimates. I'd be happy just knowing what the engineer who is working on this fix had for breakfast. Basically, at least letting us know some ball is rolling on this matter. It called communication. Its easy, natural, and expected.
    Soupist:

Check out this link:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...logysection.it

Read "A short history of Palm"

After reading that history I started to put two and two together. I think basically that palm has outsourced some of their technology and the outsourced company can't exactly fix it because it could be all 'hodge-podged'. I'm not here to formulate conspiracy theories but you have to really wonder. I think they can't reach a deal or reach the outsourced guys for a fix.
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, the "fix" for it I've found is to just keep trying to reconnect in whatever program you are in (VersaMail, Web, etc) and after about 5 tries, it works. Strange as hell.

You know what I'd like from palm? An outright admittal that they fooked the 700p completely from the start and I'd like them to state that they have learned a lot of lessons from it and will make strides in the future to prevent such a debacle from happenening again. When they stay silent like this, what they are saying to the community and every single one of their customers is basically "ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz". It's not fair to those of us who have been loyal customers for years and years and have paid $600 after $600 after $600 for their phones. I'd like to see them eat some humble pie, suck it up and surprise us all with an apology.

But I have a feeling they'll offer me a job as an Exchange Admin for them before that happens.
    I just got the following email from Palm.

Subject: Software Update for Palm Treo 700p Smartphone

This update has been modified since its original July 12th posting. This version resolves an intermittent data connectivity issue
    experienced after updating your device with the previous version of
    the Verizon Treo 700p 1.10 Update. If you have installed the Verizon
    Treo 700p Update 1.10 already, you should download and install this
    update again.

Please visit http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-...sGS0IYT0cNe0Gd

for more information about this update and to obtain this update for
    your smartphone.

You are receiving this product-related message because our records
    indicate you requested notification on this updater on the Palm
    Support website

Note: I'm not going to put it on mine; the 700p I received last week from Palm does not have the data connection issue.

The link does not connect to an update (yet).
    Last edited by rosalindavenue; 09/19/2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: new info
    Rosalind:

This just in.. its a false positive. theres another thread about this and it was only for windows users even though is says 700P

Dangling Carrot <Nelson> HA HA </Nelson>
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Rosalind:

This just in.. its a false positive. theres another thread about this and it was only for windows users even though is says 700P
    So it is not coming soon..in a few hours or days? The email I got was for the 700WX, but mistakenly said 700P? Is that the case?
    Just got my email this afternoon. Go to Palm website -- it's BAAAACCCKKK!!!
    So I get the email quoted below today, but when I go to Palm support downloads, the VZW page is still the July 12 sorry this dont work page? Has anyone actually got the "new" update?

Software Update for Palm(R) Treo(TM) 700p Smartphone

Palm(R) has posted to the support web site the Treo(TM) 700p 1.10 update for Verizon Wireless smartphones.

The Treo 700p Updater 1.10 installs the latest software on your smartphone and is available in either a PC desktop or SD installer.
    This update has been modified since its original July 12th posting.
    This version resolves an intermittent data connectivity issue experienced after updating your device with the previous version of the Verizon Treo 700p 1.10 Update. If you have installed the Verizon Treo 700p Update 1.10 already, you should download and install this update again.

Please visit
    http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-...RrH0IYT0cNe0GZ

for more information about this update and to obtain this update for your smartphone.

You are receiving this product-related message because our records indicate you requested notification on this updater on the Palm Support website

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Palm and Treo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned or licensed to Palm, Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners.
    False alarm. That was meant to announce the WX update.

The (P) update: "It may be releasing soon within a week", so said Sparky when I chatted with him minutes ago using the online tech support.

Lame,
    WP
    I just got Cobalt running on my Foleo! Wanna see screenshots?
  17.    #17  
    I just spoke with someone at palm who informed me that the email was sent out by mistake. What a bunch of losers.
    No kidding. What a pathetic joke.
    You can't make this stuff up....
    Wow I just checked my email and I received it too. Palm can't be F'ing serious.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast