1.    #1  
    Is it possible for a custom rom to actually damage the sd card slot in the treo? Ever since I put the first custom ROM in my treo the sd card slot has been acting up. FIrst it was very slow and now it just freezes my phone when I try to access media from it. it doesnt matter is its FAt32, FAtfs, or what. I even restored the original rom but still the same. It worked perfectly before. has anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Is it possible for a custom rom to actually damage the sd card slot in the treo? Ever since I put the first custom ROM in my treo the sd card slot has been acting up. FIrst it was very slow and now it just freezes my phone when I try to access media from it. it doesnt matter is its FAt32, FAtfs, or what. I even restored the original rom but still the same. It worked perfectly before. has anyone else had this problem?
    My Treo is also slow to recognize when an SD card is put in or removed from the slot. I want to do a custom ROM, but cannot get the bootloader to work and I think it is because the slot recognition is slow. Perhaps the slow recognition is due to some change in the stock 1.13 sprint ROM update.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    How many programs do you have installed? The more there are, the longer it takes too boot, and the more often the SD card doesn't mount..

My 650 and 680 both have this problem. It goes away if I remove programs, but that's not a good solution, so I use CradleCare. It'll attempt to re-mount the card if it doesn't mount, and generally always works. Just make sure you don't set the "reset to remount" option, I did that by accident once then wondered why the Palm reset every time I put in the SD card. Oops.

There is also a free program out there that does it too, look around.