Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Palm tree's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
       #1  
    And I am mystified as to why. No connectivity problems at all in a week, both in EVDO and 1X areas. Verizon offered a new one after I had been through a couple refurbs and numerous tech support calls, probably because I spend several hundred dollars a month with them. The new one even came in a box. The firmware is the same as one of my miserably performing refurbs. Still can't get over it. The moment this little gizmo stops working right, I'll be right back on the board, but for now it's acting somewhat like my old pre-MR Treo: slight lag here and there, but nothing serious. Unbelievable...
  2. #2  
    I got a refurb last week from Assurion, they told me it shouldn't have gone out - new were the only ones to be going out. I got a new one the next day.

    I haven't had connections issues with the 2 new ones i've had, but any network connection kills the battery in 10% increments. Kinda not cool.....
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
  3. dcpmark's Avatar
    Posts
    560 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm tree View Post
    And I am mystified as to why. No connectivity problems at all in a week, both in EVDO and 1X areas. Verizon offered a new one after I had been through a couple refurbs and numerous tech support calls, probably because I spend several hundred dollars a month with them. The new one even came in a box. The firmware is the same as one of my miserably performing refurbs. Still can't get over it. The moment this little gizmo stops working right, I'll be right back on the board, but for now it's acting somewhat like my old pre-MR Treo: slight lag here and there, but nothing serious. Unbelievable...
    I'm having the same experience, although my second replacement was a refurb. My original 700p was horrible post-MR, and my first replacement unit was worse from the moment we switched ESNs. Then over the last few weeks I've gotten less and less Error 3000 messages, although I would still get them from time to time. When I called up for my monthly data services refund, the CS person offered to send me another unit. I didn't hold any stock since I already had a replacement, but I tried it. I've had NO Error 3000s since receiving the new unit on Thursday. It still disconnects the Network even though it's supposed to stay connected at all times when the phone is on, but I noticed this from the start with the EVDO Network. I also get more freezes that I used to, but the data connection seems good now!

    I know SOMEONE will chime in, just wait a few days....it will come back. But this is farther than I've ever been since the MR was installed on 7/6.

Posting Permissions