1.    #1  
    Ok, I am happy with my 755p. I tried the iPhone. Loved the package, hated the ATT reception. I do not listen to music on my phone when travelling.....uses too much battery too quickly. I am considering a new ipod and now they are releasing the iTouch soon. The preview on apple's web site is very compelling. I have mixed feelings about having both, but the screen is just so beautiful on the iTouch. Surfing the web with it, using wifi, would be incredible. Techno question: would there be a way to use sprint's signal to surf on the iTouch? Any other thoughts?
    Nope, the iTouch is an iPod.
    I believe its possible. From what i know iphone is build on the mac operating system. The only problem is that no one is allowed to build apps for the iphone. Plus there is no SDK info regarding the device.

Roman
    It's not possible for the iPod Touch to use Sprint's network for internet access. The iPod Touch doesn't have a CDMA / cellular chip in it. It's an iPod with a wifi chip.
    If the rumors of the iPod Touch having bluetooth technology are confirmed, then maybe you can use PdaNet or USB Modem to sync the iPod to the smartphone and get internet via Sprint's EVDO network.
    I thought it was already confirmed that the i|Touch doesnt have bluetooth.
    Would have been cool to listen to music with a pair of the decent bluetooth headsets available.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Then I would agree that you can't use the Tough with Sprint's network.
  8. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Surfing the web with it, using wifi, would be incredible. Techno question: would there be a way to use sprint's signal to surf on the iTouch? Any other thoughts?
    If only only the Treo did wifi... then we'd be talking.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
  9. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    If the rumors of the iPod Touch having bluetooth technology are confirmed, then maybe you can use PdaNet or USB Modem to sync the iPod to the smartphone and get internet via Sprint's EVDO network.
    Unless the itouch comes with a built in DUN modem driver, this isn't happening.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Think you should read macrumors' forum before jumping - the iTouch has quite a few issues including uneditable calendar, negative/washed out black colors to mention a few!
    I haven't found any info on the itough having DUN built in or bluetooth for that matter.. but really can't think of a good reason why it would have it
  12. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I haven't found any info on the itough having DUN built in or bluetooth for that matter.. but really can't think of a good reason why it would have it
    Neither can I. Bluetooth maybe, but not DUN.

I'm not seeing any mention of either of these in the specs:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...1&esvid=101321

I am a little suprised about the lack of bluetooth given the existence of bluetooth headphones.

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    I am a little suprised about the lack of bluetooth given the existence of bluetooth headphones.
    Maybe Apple sees themselves competing with Palm with this device, and believe they need to do equally boneheaded underspec'ing of obvious components to be "competitive"?

No PalmOS emulator, no dice for me. The PalmOS is all that Palm's got going for it right now, Apple's nipping at their heels.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    Neither can I. Bluetooth maybe, but not DUN.

I'm not seeing any mention of either of these in the specs:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...1&esvid=101321

ahh yeah there ya go I didn't even think of stereo bluetooth headsets that would be awsome for ipods to have except it would kill the battery even faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    ahh yeah there ya go I didn't even think of stereo bluetooth headsets that would be awsome for ipods to have except it would kill the battery even faster.
    Apple's "permanent battery" policy is another dumb move IMHO. One thing mobile multimedia devices are known for is running out of juice. Manufacturers usually view it as a profit opportunity to underspec the power and sell "spare" $3 batteries for $29.99 (*coughPalmcough*).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Apple's non-removable batteries is what's kept me from buying an iPod of any sort for ages.

Sure, I'll take one as a gift (and did), but otherwise... no.

This is coming from a MacHead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Apple's "permanent battery" policy is another dumb move IMHO. One thing mobile multimedia devices are known for is running out of juice. Manufacturers usually view it as a profit opportunity to underspec the power and sell "spare" $3 batteries for $29.99 (*coughPalmcough*).
    Yeah I had an ipod mini and it didn't last a year (battery) sent it back and they sent me a nano to replace it and it didn't last a year so now I just use my treo for music .. I won't buy any other ipod for just that reason also.