1.    #1  
    Hey, i bought a sprint Palm Treo 755p from sprint but then i moved to canada before i could activate so i just thought i'd activate it when i got up here. Thing is telus says they cant because sprint protects their phones with locks or something. So i have been looking around and it seems their are ways to get around it. Ive heard of people calling and asking for MSL # or switching ESN's. That would work cuz i have a Telus phone with an ESN i could use but i have no idea how to switch ESN. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_guy33 View Post
    Hey, i bought a sprint Palm Treo 755p from sprint but then i moved to canada before i could activate so i just thought i'd activate it when i got up here. Thing is telus says they cant because sprint protects their phones with locks or something. So i have been looking around and it seems their are ways to get around it. Ive heard of people calling and asking for MSL # or switching ESN's. That would work cuz i have a Telus phone with an ESN i could use but i have no idea how to switch ESN. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated
    There is likely more to it than just punching in a new ESN or MSL, otherwise people would be running this phone on verizon. Specifically, I'm sure the portion of the device ROM used to control the radio contains code specifically written to talk to sprint towers. We get hints of this in a recent post in the 700P forum quoting an email from a Verizon tech. This quote stated that the ROM update for the Verizon 700P contained authentication code that caused the radio to reset itself in certain cirsumstances.

If this is a brand new phone, you should be able to get a pretty good price for it on Ebay or Craigslist.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Yeah Im pretty possitive you can't switch carriers using CDMA. The phones just don't work like that. But like Q said you will be able to get a good price for it as long as its in good condition.