1.    #1  
    Hi again,

I just got a new 700p (yes, a new, not refurbished) from my 600, and while all of my applications and phone logs and pictures and calendar got updated, my SMS text messages from the 600 didn't get hotsync'd into the 700. Any ideas on how to correct this? They seem to be there in the Backups folder under SMSblahblahblah.pdb, but are not showing up on my 700.

Also, is there a way to have easier access to seeing the SMS messages like the button on the 600? From what I can tell, I need to go to Messaging in order to access them (unless I touch that little yellow alarm on the upper left corner when one comes in).

Thanks in advance,

Ben
    I am not too sure about loading your old sms messages. But in regard to ease of access for the sms app you have a few options. One, when you receive an sms and notice the blinking alert, just hold down the center button on the D-pad. This will bring up the alert manager window to show received sms, voice mail, missed calls, etc. You can also program the mail hard button to run the sms app instead of the mail program, or to run both via an option key press. These controls can be found under PREFERANCES>PERSONAL>BUTTONS.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by heyben24 View Post
    I just got a new 700p (yes, a new, not refurbished) from my 600, and while all of my applications and phone logs and pictures and calendar got updated, my SMS text messages from the 600 didn't get hotsync'd into the 700. Any ideas on how to correct this? They seem to be there in the Backups folder under SMSblahblahblah.pdb, but are not showing up on my 700.
    Don't send your SMSblahblahblah.pdb files on the 700, because that new device will never read data from that databases!! The 600 and the 700 does not share the same SMS app (and the same database structure), so migrating SMS data between that devices is almost impossible.
    Palm itself does not support the SMS migration from 600 to 700.

But... thanks to our hard reverse engineering job... today you can easily do it, using Treodesktop - as well as importing or exporting your messages on desktop.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info, treodesktop...but what about those of us with Macs? It doesn't seem like your treodesktop is compatible unless you're running XP.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
    Check out a program called Treo Desktop. It allows for porting of SMS files from one Treo to another.

Ony caveat is Im not sure about a 600's files to a 700.

Heres the link:

http://www.treodesktop.com/

Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    hahaha oops. I just woke up and I didnt read the last few posts.

need coffee!
    There is no spoon.
    Bruno,

I love your product and at least you know Im advertising for you!

Now, if you could only port that Kyocera 7135 file I sent ya!

Anyway cool app and I love it.
    There is no spoon.
    @Hdhntr23
    Thanks a lot!!

@heyben24
    Yes, you're right, Treodesktop run only on Windows systems.

But if you browse my homepage (scroll down and see at the bottom-left) you will find a MAC logo, and a link to a site where you can find a MAC application like Treodesktop (FunkeeStory, written by a friend of mine, Joe Goh).

Unfortunately Joe does not manage old Treo devices, so your Treo 600 sms data cannot be imported from FunkeeStory.

However, if you like, you can send me your Treo 600 messages databases (the whole file structure) and I will convert your sms data in the Treo 700p database format. Syncing this new database on your new 700p, you will be able to import and show on your MAC all your data, using FunkeeStory.

I'll be glad to help you, because you don't have a Windows workstation, and as far as I know Treodesktop is the only one software in the world (unfortunately it runs only on Windows) that can perform this data conversion step.

Don't need to donate to the project, of course... I will be glad to help you for free. If intersted, contact me at info @ treodesktop dot com.

Sincerely,

Bruno Naglieri - Rome (Italy)
    www.treodesktop.com
    Treodesktop developer
  9.    #9  
    Thank you for the offer, and sorry it's taken me a few weeks to get back. I manually wrote down all the pertinent information from the hundreds of texts I had stored. It's fine now...a little bit tiring back then, but I'm fine. Thank you for the offer, Bruno.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by treodesktop View Post
    @Hdhntr23
    Thanks a lot!!

@heyben24
    Yes, you're right, Treodesktop run only on Windows systems.

But if you browse my homepage (scroll down and see at the bottom-left) you will find a MAC logo, and a link to a site where you can find a MAC application like Treodesktop (FunkeeStory, written by a friend of mine, Joe Goh).

Unfortunately Joe does not manage old Treo devices, so your Treo 600 sms data cannot be imported from FunkeeStory.

However, if you like, you can send me your Treo 600 messages databases (the whole file structure) and I will convert your sms data in the Treo 700p database format. Syncing this new database on your new 700p, you will be able to import and show on your MAC all your data, using FunkeeStory.

I'll be glad to help you, because you don't have a Windows workstation, and as far as I know Treodesktop is the only one software in the world (unfortunately it runs only on Windows) that can perform this data conversion step.

Don't need to donate to the project, of course... I will be glad to help you for free. If intersted, contact me at info @ treodesktop dot com.

Sincerely,

www.treodesktop.com
    Treodesktop developer
    Quote Originally Posted by heyben24 View Post
    Thank you for the offer, and sorry it's taken me a few weeks to get back. I manually wrote down all the pertinent information from the hundreds of texts I had stored. It's fine now...a little bit tiring back then, but I'm fine. Thank you for the offer, Bruno.

Ben

You have to know that you are not the only one, a lot of Treo users are writing me, asking me to convert their old messages into the new format!! I never understood WHY Palm missed to do it!!

IN THE NEXT DAYS I WILL DEVELOPE A FREEWARE UTILITY, to convert the Treo messages database into the new format.

This software (maybe called "TreoSMSConverter") will be useful for:
    - TREO 600 owners
    - old Verizon TREO 650 owners (running the Messages v 1.x)

That users will be able, using my freeware utility, to migrate all the messages into the new device (Treo 650, 680, 700p, 755p...) running the Messages v 2.x.

I only need a few weeks... I will open a new thread on this forum when the software will be just available, to announce it to the Treo's people.

Sincerely,

www.treodesktop.com
    Treodesktop developer
    Bruno rocks.
    There is no spoon.