1.    #1  
    I loaded Eudora on my Prism. I can connect with my Sprint PCS phone or with my just bought HS Modem module. I can retrieve my mail from both my email accounts (both POP3) - no problem. But I can't send mail, other than in one of my accounts, I can send to myself.

Using other web based products on my desktop I can access both accounts and send and recieve mail. Just can't seem to get Eudora to send.

Any thoughts? I need some help.

Thanks in advance.

Doug in CT
    Sprint PCS QNC does not let you access SMTP servers. But try looking at this thread for a workaround. Also, try this long thread
  3.    #3  
    I also tried, with the modem, dialing through Prodigy. Again, could not send mail, just receive. So the issue is not just SprintPCS.
    Originally posted by dougef
    I also tried, with the modem, dialing through Prodigy. Again, could not send mail, just receive. So the issue is not just SprintPCS.
    I dunno then, maybe double check you've got the right smtp address set up in eudora? You need somebody smarter than I...
    Can you provide a little more information on you mail accounts (provider, settings, etc.) you are trying to access and which ones are giving you troubles? I am a Prodigy user myself and have setup mail successfully, so I will try and help if I can.
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    The reason you can't send email when dialing into Sprint or Verizon's QNC services is that you won't have access to your smtp server for your ISP. In plain English that means, you need to be dialed into your ISP to send mail using the same configuration as you desktop machine. Receiving mail is no problem, it's sending mail.

Solution #1
    One solution is to get an Apple iTools account, of course you'd need to be a Mac user for this. Then you can send mail by setting up your smtp preferences for the server: smtp.mac.com

You can actually use that server even if you don't have an iTools account, but the server will check to make sure you have a mac.com return address, they do that to prevent spaming.

Solution #2
    Build a webpage with all of the email addresses you'd like to send to. Then buy Blazer, the web browser. It appears that Blazer has it's own smtp servers so you can hit an email address link to send email from.

So when you want to send email to someone, just surf to your bookmarked page of email addresses, click on a link, write your email and send it.

That's probably one of the reasons Blazer (Handspring) charges for the software, to maintain these sendmail servers.

Solution #3 (the best solution)
    Instead of using QNC services, dial into your dial-up ISP instead then you'll have full access to their smtp servers.

Solution #4
    Some web hosting companies allow smtp access for their customers. HostMe.com allows customers to send mail from their mail.yourdomain.com if hit mail.yourdomain.com to check for email first. You must have a domain hosted at HostMe.com of course to use this service.

"Real intelligence is a creative use of knowledge, not merely an accumulation of facts." -- D. Kenneth Winebrenner
    Originally posted by MediaBaron
    [Bspaming.

Solution #2
    Build a webpage with all of the email addresses you'd like to send to. Then buy Blazer, the web browser. It appears that Blazer has it's own smtp servers so you can hit an email address link to send email from.

So when you want to send email to someone, just surf to your bookmarked page of email addresses, click on a link, write your email and send it.

That's probably one of the reasons Blazer (Handspring) charges for the software, to maintain these sendmail servers.

[/B]
    Hmm I did not know this. This is very interesting to say the least.
    Okay, I did a test with Blazer and this is the surprise I found out. If you go to any page with an email link to send email it will activate Blazer's sendmail mode. You can then change the email address to anything you want, it doesn't have to be the link you clicked on.

So if you want to send email using Sprint or Verizon's QNC services and have Blazer, just find a webpage with an email link, then click on it. You can even change your reply-to address on your email.

One thing Blazer will do on the email is tag it with this signature
    http://www.handspring.com/blazer
    "Real intelligence is a creative use of knowledge, not merely an accumulation of facts." -- D. Kenneth Winebrenner