1.    #1  
    I have a 1.06 700p for vzw and would love to lose the once/day lockups and occasional resets. Should I install the update? Has anyone updated successfully? Is there a best-practices doc on how to do it to max effect? Or am I crazy to even think about it.

Thoughts appreciated.
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
    I have a 1.06 700p for vzw and would love to lose the once/day lockups and occasional resets. Should I install the update? Has anyone updated successfully? Is there a best-practices doc on how to do it to max effect? Or am I crazy to even think about it.

Thoughts appreciated.
    Depends on what is more important to you. The MR introduces about as many headaches as it solves. If the 1.06 headaches hurt more than the 1.10 headaches, then update. Otherwise, don't bother.

You will see less lockups with 1.10, but you could fall victim to the data connectivity issue. 1.10 also has a very annoying tone that sounds when certain things happen (e.g., right before your phone rings). There is no way that I've found to silence this annoying tone.

Unless you downloaded a copy of the 1.10 MR awhile back you are going to have to either get it from someone or wait, as Palm pulled it from their site. They currently state that they are working on a fix, but who knows when, or even if, this fix will be out.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    The data connectivity issue in v1.10 is pretty serious. A month or so after updating to v1.10, my phone completely stopped connecting to data services. I then called Verizon, and they sent me a brand-new phone albiet with the v110 update. The new phone has worked 100% of the time - I am VERY surprised! I suspect that a "factory" v110 phone will be more reliable than a user-updated v110 phone. If you apply the update yourself, chances are you will need to contact verizon and request a new phone. If you're not prepared to do this, then stick with the 106 update.

John F
    NJ
    I got an e-mail from Palm today that states that there's an update or correction of the 1.10 update to take care of the data connectivity problem.

Here's text from e-mail:

Palm(R) has posted to the support web site the Treo(TM) 700p 1.10 update for Verizon Wireless smartphones.

The Treo 700p Updater 1.10 installs the latest software on your smartphone and is available in either a PC desktop or SD installer.
    This update has been modified since its original July 12th posting.
    This version resolves an intermittent data connectivity issue experienced after updating your device with the previous version of the Verizon Treo 700p 1.10 Update. If you have installed the Verizon Treo 700p Update 1.10 already, you should download and install this update again.

Please visit
    http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-...GMt0IYT0cNe0GZ

for more information about this update and to obtain this update for your smartphone.

You are receiving this product-related message because our records indicate you requested notification on this updater on the Palm Support website
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I got an e-mail from Palm today that states that there's an update or correction of the 1.10 update to take care of the data connectivity problem.
    That e-mail was a mistake - see this thread
    TJSunDevil:
    That e-mail was a mistake - see this thread
    Thanks now I wonder if we'll get the real e-mail when it comes out, because their system may show that we've already been contacted.