1.    #1  
    Are there any decent online TV channels that will work on the Treo 755p?
    get a "slingbox" - do a search on slingbox also - you can get whatever channels you have at home from anywhere on your 755p - i have my tivo box hooked to mine - what i can do at home like record or playback - you can also do the same functions on your 755p from anywhere you have a cell connection - you do need to have a unlimited data plan though
  3.    #3  
    That's very interesting. I guess I could buy it and hook it up to a friend's TV. I'll have to dwell on it and learn more about it.

I'm in a situation where I might have to soon be on the run again, after recently spending 9 months homeless. All I have is a small TV with antena, that I would definately not be taking. All I can depend on is my laptop, treo 755p, and PdaNet. I may even be dumping the weight of the laptop and just going back to the treo only. I have Sprint TV, but would like to access a bit more on the treo if I can.
  4.    #4  
    I found some channels at America Free.

http://www.wirelessfree.tv/
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I found some channels at America Free.

http://www.wirelessfree.tv/
    I guess this is a stupid question, but are we a 3GPP or 3GPP2 phone?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  6.    #6  
    I don't know :-0 Both semed to work for me. I had some trouble with the adventure channel and emailed the site. They said they fixed it. I'll that check later.

FreeBe TV has channels for cell phones, but I couldn't get them to work on my treo.
    Thanks for posting this link. I found this on the web regarding 3gpp and 3gpp2:

What is the difference between 3GPP and 3GPP2?
    3GPP, defined by a group of telecommunications standards bodies called the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), was created for use on Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) networks, the most popular type of 3G network across the globe. 3GPP2 was defined by a different group of telecommunications bodies called 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) for use on the second most predominate type of 3G network, Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) 2000. The 3GPP and 3GPP2 formats are very similar, as both are based on the QuickTime file format and contain MPEG-4 and H.263 video, AAC and AMR audio, and 3G Text. 3GPP2 adds the option to use QCELP audio and Movie Fragments, a technology that allows multimedia content to be delivered incrementally over standard TCP wireless networks, providing a more immediate viewing experience for the end user.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.