1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Macbook Pro. Installed XP in Boot Camp.

Regardless, how do you set up DUN to work through bluetooth for a 700p on an XP. (I am XP useless) Palm site is useless, searched here for 1 hour, give up. Anyone have a useful post?

This should be simple.
    Thanks,
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac View Post
    I just purchased a Macbook Pro. Installed XP in Boot Camp.

Regardless, how do you set up DUN to work through bluetooth for a 700p on an XP. (I am XP useless) Palm site is useless, searched here for 1 hour, give up. Anyone have a useful post?

This should be simple.
    Thanks,
    It isn't as simply as one might think.

1) The 700P Bluetooth has issues that may or may not have been completely resolved with the MR.

2) Not all XP bluetooth implementations are the same. Bluetooth DUN might work fine on machine, but not at all on another.

Some of the best information available for bluetooth DUN is actually on the Palm site. Once you've read the information posted there, it is very much a matter of trial and error to get it working on your machine.
    I use the third party software PDAnet
    www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/

It just makes things a lot easier
    Bluetooth Setup:
    1. Pair your phone to your laptop via BT make sure that both devices are trusted on both sides.
    2. Create in WinXP a dial up connection and select the modem that has bluetooth in the name (can't remember the exact name)
    3. Leave username and password areas blank
    4. In the phone number field enter #777 as the number.
    5. Hit connect.

This has been tested by me and I know it works.
    Off topic, syphex, your dog gives me the creeps.......