1.    #1  
    Has anyone any tricks yet on getting Vista 64 bit to work with a 755p? It is looking for a driver and unable to find it. I am talking about the 64bit and not 32bit.
    Where does one find a driver and if not is there another trick to it?
    Can you get a driver and then run it in winxp compatibility mode?
  3.    #3  
    So where do you get a "driver" for 64 bit?
    Try using the 32 bit driver and running it in xp mode is what I was thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Try using the 32 bit driver and running it in xp mode is what I was thinking.
    Nope. OS drivers have to be written in native mode. You'll need a 64-bit Palm USB driver (which I don't believe is available.
    im having same issues..i install palm hotsync and when i plug it in via usb..it doesnt even allow it to charge and the driver installing thing keeps popping on and off over and over....can't hotsync....im using vista ultimate 64 bit
    The only way currently to hotsync in Vista 64 is over the internet (slow, but gets the job done). Although I think iread in another thread that bluetooth also works (I don't have bluetooth in this system so i haven't tested it)
  8.    #8  
    So much for "24/7" support from 'my palm'

Its always "our offices are currently closed. Please call during bus hours......"
    What does "24" in the 24/7 stand for?
  9.    #9  
    I have never used a BT for hotsynch. What do I need - just a USB BT thingy on the PC and pair it? Use that as a connection via USB on the palm?
    i am so dissapointed with palm.......I dealt with the constant crap from a treo 700p....and now this...

I just did a full system restore last night and put 32 bit ultimate back on...and now i come to realize that the new beta palm desktop doesn't' even support synchronizing with outlook!!

synchronizing calender and tasks is something that is very important to me and im not doing it with palms crappy palm desktop
    Hello, Palm? Join us in the 21st century! 64-bit OS's are the way of the future, and rapidly gaining market share already. Failure to support them is stupidity, or laziness, or perhaps a combination of both.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll use the same work-around that I had to use for a piece of medical equipment which also uses a USB dongle that's lacking 64-bit drivers - I installed XP in a VMware virtual machine on my Vista64 box, and just fire that up whenever I need the 32-bit USB device. It's a PITA, and it shouldn't be necessary if the manufacturers were doing their job properly, but it does work.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    because of this...I am a happy blackberry user and I'll never turn back....good bye palm...you screwed up royally
    In all fairness, MANY other vendors don't support 64 bit Vista either. Some still don't even fully support Vista!!

I had to get a 32 bit laptop due to this, when I really wanted to use 64 bit. But I can't risk non-compatability at this time. I don't understand the vendors' extreme slowness either.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!