Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    New poster here, long time lurker. Need help with a problem I'm experiencing with Pocket Tunes Syncing with Windows Media Player.

I recently lost my 2GB SD card after dropping my Treo 700p out of a crappy holster for the umpteenth time (remedial measures I took to ensure that wouldn't happen again are a topic for another post).

I purchased a Transcend 4GB SD (Not SDHC) 150x card to replace it. I've been trying to do a Sync between WMP and Pocket Tunes to load all of my music onto the card. After numerous adjustments (including rolling WMP11 back to WMP10, etc.), I can get the Sync to begin, but after about 1/2 an hour (or maybe 50-100 songs, PT connection to WMP goes into Idle mode like it's lost its connection to WMP.

I thought this was being caused by Chattermail syncing or an alarm from agendus, but I've turned the phone off, taken the Chatter folders offline and used NoAlarm to stop the alarms, and it still happens. Tech from PT says that 700p doesn't support 4GB card, but that doesn't seem to be what I've read on here and I'm assuming maybe she's mixing it up with a 4GB SDHC. I'm getting really frustrated, someone please help!
    I have found it best to just copy my music to the card with a card reader.
    My 700p works with both SD and SDHC. Only thing it wont do is format the SDHC card. All the music I put on the cards however is done with a card reader. Using one of those, I just click and drag. You can load a memory card in 3 minutes. You can get a card reader for $15 bucks. I use one that came with the memory card I purchased from SanDisk (buy a 4g SDHC card get reader for free deal in same package) . Plugs into any USB port.

With that many files, the hotsync could be crashing on a bad mp3 file.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Is it possible to copy playlists from WMP as well, or do you have to recreate them manually in PT?

I really don't care about having PT synced with WMP, I just want to get my music (and specifically my playlists) onto the card so I can listen to them.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I actually have CardReader installed on my Treo, so I could use that to move everything, but when I tried that, it was unclear how to move the playlists. Does moving the playlists move the songs that make up the playlist too? IOW, if all of my music is assigned to one playlist or another, would moving just the playlists be enough?