Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    So I have been following these forums for quite awhile wondering why my Treo never died! Well, it happened to me today. I looked down at the screen and it said "ERROR - Device out of memory" (I have a 2 gb card with plenty of space available). I tried a hard reset and the phone will not move from the Access screen. I even went to the Verizon store in Fairfax and they couldn't fix it. I was told by the corporate Verizon rep to call Assurion (sp?) from a store cell phone and get the phone replaced. After 10 min. going through the phone tree to get to the rep, he asked me if I had dropped the phone or if it had been stolen. I said, no, the palm froze and it cannot be revived. He proceeded to tell me that he couldn't replace the phone because nothing was wrong with it. I said why don't you hold on a minute while I walk outside and throw the Palm at the brick wall. He goes uh, that would be fraud so I say well what do you expect me to do? After 2 hours waiting in the store, the rep called Verizon data support and they will overnight me a phone (although I have to pay for the overnight shipping). Wonderful customer service. I tried to get the guy to give me the 700W (of course they had plenty of those because they must work!) but he would not exchange. The interesting thing I found is that not one Verizon store in the Washington DC Metro area had a 700P in stock. Maybe they are getting rid of the piece of **it.
    You should have remained calm. If it was indeed frozen, what explaination did he give you for it not moving from the Access screen. Once you threatened to throw it through the window, you probably lost any chance of a reasoning with the guy. Paying for overnight shipping sounds reasonable to me if you have to have it next day.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I was very calm and patient with the in store Verizon rep. Spent 2 hours with him. He was actually trying to get the shipping charges waived and was siding with me. I lost my patience with the Assurion rep on the phone when he told me it wasn't his problem and was not covered. No one could offer me an explanation as to why the brick doesn't work anymore.
    The Assurian people are of little help if you dont want to fork out some money. I am on my third device and when one went bad at 51 days they said they could not help me b/c it was more than 30 days old unless I wanted to pay $50 again, I tried to tell them that this the second device in 60 days, but that didn't work. Luckily it was just the stereo jack issue and I was able to fix it by plugging and unplugging a few times. Maybe I am just too nice.
    I dealt with an Assurion rep about two months ago for a regular cell phone. He started tossing around the word 'Fraud' several times and was a general jerk. He didn't like the idea that the replacement they sent wasn't working and he too was looking for their $50. He finally shut up and sent a new phone rather than another refirb.
    Honestly, Asurion was great to me. I killed my 650 and they stated that they would send me a refurbished 650 as a replacement, which is all their contract requires (it's an insurance program...not an upgrade plan)...but they sent me a brand new 700p instead. You folks are getting me sacred about this baby though...but for the moment, it rocks.

Thanks for the heads up though. If mine freezes like this, I may be so shocked, that I'll trip...and potentially lose my grip on my 700p.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Assurion has been great with me. My wife's LG V was put in a glass of iced tea by my son. They asked what happened I told them that, they laughed. Fifty dollars later I had a replacement.
    The Assurion rep was right, if the phone just stopped working, it is not their problem. They cover accidental damage or loss.
    Why should it matter how the phone stopped working? And what's the point of the insurance if you can't tell the truth?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Why should it matter how the phone stopped working? And what's the point of the insurance if you can't tell the truth?
    DITTO!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Honestly, Asurion was great to me. I killed my 650 and they stated that they would send me a refurbished 650 as a replacement, which is all their contract requires (it's an insurance program...not an upgrade plan)...but they sent me a brand new 700p instead. You folks are getting me sacred about this baby though...but for the moment, it rocks.

Thanks for the heads up though. If mine freezes like this, I may be so shocked, that I'll trip...and potentially lose my grip on my 700p.
    but then you pay $50 for a new phone instead of getting one for free?