Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    A little background:

I've had a treo 650, whith which I used a plantronics 320 bluetooth head set. No major issues, other than the generally weak bluetooth on the 650. I then upgraded to the treo 700p. I had lost the plantronics, so I upgraded to the Jabra JX10, from all reports, the best headset available for the 700. I had very frequent resets with it. The worst was that when the bluetooth was on, and paired with the headset, the phone would reset as a call was coming in, but before the caller id was recognized, and also before any record of the call was made. I normally keep my phone on vibrate and out of view, so I'm sure this happened more times than I was actually aware of. Based on all of the good reviews, I assumed this was the fault of the phone, and after a very lengthy process, I was able to exchange for a 755p.

Cut to now, using the original JX10, and a replacement JX10, I still have the same reset on incoming call (and occasionally randomly in the middle of a call) even with the new 755p. I'm wondering how I could possibly either have a 755 that has the same problem as the 700, or have received 2 JX10s purchased several months apart that cause the same issue, especially when I've never heard of anyone else having that problem.

My next step would be to try a different head set brand, but i'm concerned that it might be something with my phone.

My third party apps are:
    2Day
    Butler
    Filez
    LudusP
    PDANet
    Reset Dr
    RscBackup

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, or link to other threads I would be eternally grateful!!!

(I did search and found one record where the solution was solved after the MR, mine was not)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I can only say that I have the same headset and the same problem. I asked about it a few weeks ago and never could figure anything out. I just turn off bt when Im not using it and the resets go away. I then manually turn it back on if I'm going to be on a long call. Yes it sucks but thats the only solution I've found so far.

Here is a link to the other thread I started http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151641
    Last edited by eclipse13; 09/14/2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Added link to old thread
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Exceptionally frustrating. It almost seems like it has to be certain phones though. If this was happening for everyone, i can't imagine that there would only be two threads about it. That being said, this is the third one that's done it (two 700's and a 755). SUPER ANNOYING
    I have had it happen to me as well. I switched to the JX10 and would get resets on my 755. I got tired of it, so currently, I am using a Sprint Mogul. Not totally positive I'm staying with it, But, the longer I use it, the more I like. It's not quite as easy one handed, but the bottom line, it works. I've had it about a week and a half and have not had a single reset. My JX10 works pretty well with it. It's not perfect, but at least the device doesn't reset with it.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone