Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone! I just got a Treo 680 on AT&T, I love it, but have some questions...

* If I miss a call, I get a weird text message that isn't a link, but is all code and completely undecipherable. Is there a way to turn this off?

* I'm not getting all my emails. I set up my gmail account, but it's only pulling a very small percentage of my mail, maybe 3 or 4 percent...I checked my phone this morning and I had 4 or 5 new messages, when I got to work I checked on my computer and I had 27 new messages. Is there a better way to get email other than through the bundled software that is on the Treo?

* Is there a better interface out there? I had a Treo a long time ago and know that I downloaded something that overrode the "home" screen and had improved contacts/calendar/notes/to do functions but I've racked my brain and cannot remember what it was.

I'm sure I'll have more questions but this is all I can think of now

Thanks!!!!
    * I have no idea why you get that message - could be your provider? If not your phone may be screwy!

*the email prob sounds like your internet - again maybe check your service. when i used versamail with my gmail accts I got all my email w/o any fuss

*better interface - one is Zlauncher..very nice skinner for the home page. For the PHone Screen DialbyPhoto is a good option. There is also an app called 2day which you might like.

I'm sure more experienced users will clear up the issues couldn't and welcome to treo680-land!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    * I have no idea why you get that message - could be your provider? If not your phone may be screwy!

*the email prob sounds like your internet - again maybe check your service. when i used versamail with my gmail accts I got all my email w/o any fuss

*better interface - one is Zlauncher..very nice skinner for the home page. For the PHone Screen DialbyPhoto is a good option. There is also an app called 2day which you might like.

I'm sure more experienced users will clear up the issues couldn't and welcome to treo680-land!

Sweet - thanks! I have to call and switch my plan around today so when I do that I'll ask about the goofy text messages too. And I'll definitely put google to work and find those apps you mentioned...see what they are all about.
    I occasionally get the text messages, they're a bunch of numbers, and then a phone number is buried in there somewhere. I think that if someone chooses to page you, then that's the text message you get.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    An excellent addition to the standard calander application (which also links into contacts and ToDos well) is Datebk6 from Pimlico Software - very powerful upgrade and freeware for a trial period. It also adds an icon feature to the calander that makes it easy to "classify" your appointments as you see fit (well I find it helpful anyway!). The support is excellent and the registration fee if you like it goes to a wildlife charity. I'd certainly recommend giving it a try.