Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    OK, I feel silly for having to ask this, but....

And I did search, both here and the net, to no avail...

Is there away to have the 755 alert you when a call is coming in or you try to make a call when you are in Roam?

My first bill for my Treo 755p had ~$27 in roaming charges, and I swear I never saw any indication that is was roaming.

Am I just being totally dense and there was some notification? How do I get the phone to alert me better when I am either answering or making calls while roaming?

Your gentle help is appreciated...
    Press the phone button.

Press the menu button (bottom right button on keyboard).

There is an section on roaming preferences. You can select what type of warnings you want when roaming. When you are roaming there is a small triangle figure up near your signal meter. Also I think the word Sprint in the top left corner will not be present.

Another option is in the Sounds application you can set some goofy ringtone for incoming roaming calls and that way you would know it is call coming in while you are on roam.

I did not think Sprint charged for roaming - just if you went over your minutes, etc. I was out of town this past weekend and was roaming. The only caveat is that when roaming it counts against your minutes irregradless of whether you are on a weekend or night call.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thanks for that.

I talked with them about a new plan that "includes" roaming, so I may make a change...
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hrmmm...

That works for Data connections and outgoing calls, but not incoming calls. It isn't real clear to me when I was roaming, so maybe incoming calls was not the issue.