Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Obscura's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #1  
    Every now and then I do a HotSync to my laptop but this time it's been going for a very long time. It's stuck trying to synchronize the calendar. It's been going for half an hour now.

    Should I stop it or let it run?
    Obscura
  2. #2  
    I would stop it.

    You may have a corrupted calendar entry. . . . . . .

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...68&postcount=4
  3. Obscura's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
       #3  
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

    That worked perfectly and I am able to sync again.

    Thanks!
    Obscura
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

    That worked perfectly and I am able to sync again.

    Thanks!
    You refer to Bill Gamble, I'm just the messenger boy.

    I'm glad it worked.

    Cheers, Perry
  5. #5  
    Will this help in hotsyncing if it gets stuck say at memos like it does for me? Or is it specifically for calender only?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Will this help in hotsyncing if it gets stuck say at memos like it does for me? Or is it specifically for calender only?
    If the problem is the datamanager choking on deleted records, then this will work for any of the PIM apps.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7. #7  
    resets my 755 everytime I try to use it thanks anyways though
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    resets my 755 everytime I try to use it thanks anyways though
    Then I'd say you've got at least one corrupted PIM db. I suggest you that buy DbFixit.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    resets my 755 everytime I try to use it thanks anyways though
    It will probably be worth going into the sync (on palm's sync conduits it is the custom menu) and turn off all of the syncs and see if that will allow the sync to complete. Then start adding conduits one at a time until you find a problem child. Disable that one and continue adding until you have tried all of them. That should limit down the area that you need to find any problems.
  10. #10  
    weird .. i got that dbfixit and it shows no problems.. and cavingjan Ive tried that .. for some reason no matter what I do when ever I try and hotsync it always gets stuck on memos... but since I use activesync I wouldn't even be able to sync my contacts or calendar.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    weird .. i got that dbfixit and it shows no problems.. and cavingjan Ive tried that .. for some reason no matter what I do when ever I try and hotsync it always gets stuck on memos... but since I use activesync I wouldn't even be able to sync my contacts or calendar.
    When you ran dbScan, did you follow the directions for removing deleted records (as opposed to "checking the database")? If not, did you check the "remove deleted recs" box when you ran dbFixit?

    If yes to either question, did you then try syncing with the Memo conduit set to "Handheld overwrites desktop"?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>

Posting Permissions