1.    #1  
    Hey I'm having a really big problem. My treo 650 will not stop hotsyncing and it starts hotsyncing on its own and at random times! I have modified my rom (removed the following: Blazer, Realplayer, Tips, Tutorial, non English lang. Added Fat32 for sdhc). I installed the Verizon update (1.05a) when i first got the phone, and thinking back the random hotsyncs started after updated the treo prior to modifying my rom! Can someone help me, I don't know what could be causing this!

Also i have tried soft resets and even tried doing a hard reset...with no success when it loads it just goes right back to hotsync loop!!!
    I had my 650 replaced when this happened.....try putting the original rom back on the phone. Welcome to treocentral!!
  3.    #3  
    when i first got the treo i installed the verizon update any chance that could be the problem? also how can i go back to the update before 1.05a?

I'll try re-loading the rom.

Thanks

Does anyone have a list of the languish files that can be removed if i only need English on my treo? i'd like to compare it to what i have removed.
    Last edited by akomisor; 09/11/2007 at 04:38 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Just restored the original rom and it is still in a sync loop! I am really thinking that is is the verizon update...how can i go back to a previous update?
    I don't think you can to be honest. Are you covered under warranty? Insurance?
  6.    #6  
    No, my brother gave it to me since he got a new phone. What about trying to reinstall the update? Everything else works on the phone but this bug...and once it gets into this loop i can do anything with it.
    Yeah try installing the update. Couldn't hurt.
  8.    #8  
    Re-installed the update but it is still doing the hotsync loop. Could this treo be defective?
    I've had this happen after the hotsync jack was exposed to moisture. Had to replace the phone. I've read about this on some other users as well.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    When I was stuck in my hotsync endless reset loop, I think folks here directed me to try a "zero out reset".

Go to this discussion, scroll down a few posts to see the detailed directions and the discussions before and after that give the context.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=hotsync+loop

Good luck,
    -- Josh
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the link Josh.

Gave the Zero out Reset a try but its still doing the same thing.

Palm says that I have a hardware issue, the phone is only a few months old but was given to me as a gift...anyone think Verizon or Palm will replace/repair it for me?
    I have a 650 with sprint, with the same problem. I took it to a Sprint store to have it checked out. They were able to fix it by "cleaning the data port". Didn't cost me anything.

Hope this helps!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_user View Post
    I have a 650 with sprint, with the same problem. I took it to a Sprint store to have it checked out. They were able to fix it by "cleaning the data port". Didn't cost me anything.

Hope this helps!!
    Any idea what they did? My wife's 650 (my old one) is having exact same problem -- endless hotsync loop. Took it to Sprint store, they said that moisture was in the data port and they couldn't fix it (or replace) it for me. So now I don't know what to do. Really don't want to buy a new phone since she really doesn't use any of the functions except the calendar but wants a Treo.
    Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Samsung i300 > Samsung i330 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
    Started with me today with the same thing while as at work. Took a Q-tip, rubbed the bottom of the phone where all the connections are, fixed the problem! Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Started with me today with the same thing while as at work. Took a Q-tip, rubbed the bottom of the phone where all the connections are, fixed the problem! Hope that helps.
    Just rubbed the outside of the phone on the connections? That's it? Did you jam it up there to clean out the "inside?" I'll try it tonight, but doesn't seem like it would do much.
    Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Samsung i300 > Samsung i330 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc View Post
    Just rubbed the outside of the phone on the connections? That's it? Did you jam it up there to clean out the "inside?" I'll try it tonight, but doesn't seem like it would do much.
    Yep, a little water is what did it. Read some posts here on hotsync reset loops, decided to try hairdryer on low heat... it fixed it! I did not take treo apart, I just opened it up as much as possible by removing battery & cover, sd card, sim card, stylus. Only took 15 minutes. Whole time I figured it was a software glitch, should have thought about hardware! Got caught in rain yesteday. Given how Treo has weathered snow, heat, and cold before, forgot to think that the elements were the cause.
    --Josh
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Static electricity is the cause It gives the phone enough of a shock to start a hotsync
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    Static electricity is the cause It gives the phone enough of a shock to start a hotsync
    Hi csmelosky,

Would you please share with us what do you do? Have tried to drying out the Treo but it didn't solved.
    It solved Saving server's space, please refer to this discussion:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1374761