Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I just called Tech support & the woman there walked me through a hard reset & repairing with my Jabra JX10. After this I could answer an incoming call with a jack plugged into the phone if I pushed the answer button on the headset, but I couldn't connect on an outgoing call no matter what I did.

She told me that I needed to test the same thing on another 700p with the 1.10_ update - maybe at a Verizon store. She said she thought my phone was probably defective.

I asked if this was not the same problem that 755p owners had spoken of, & she said she wasn't aware of that problem, but that calls on my 700p should be routed to the wireless handset the same way as before the update.

So at least I got somewhere with this call & was able to get my phone to work on an incoming call. After I do a restore I'm sure it won't work again though.

Tom
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm using the Verizon 1.10_ version (re-release) that was just released today, so you can see that it hasn't been addressed for Verizon either.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Munch View Post
    I just called Tech support & the woman there walked me through a hard reset & repairing with my Jabra JX10. After this I could answer an incoming call with a jack plugged into the phone if I pushed the answer button on the headset, but I couldn't connect on an outgoing call no matter what I did.

She told me that I needed to test the same thing on another 700p with the 1.10_ update - maybe at a Verizon store. She said she thought my phone was probably defective.

I asked if this was not the same problem that 755p owners had spoken of, & she said she wasn't aware of that problem, but that calls on my 700p should be routed to the wireless handset the same way as before the update.

So at least I got somewhere with this call & was able to get my phone to work on an incoming call. After I do a restore I'm sure it won't work again though.

Tom
    Thanks for posting the update on the Verizon 1.10_ update!

Your experience with incoming calls sometimes working sounds very familiar.

When I first discovered the problem (back in early June) I found someone on these forums with the update (Sprint) but they said the BT headset worked when there was something in the headset port. After a little more discussion we discovered he was only testing incoming calls (which he was able to answer) but the BT headset didn't work at all woth outgoing calls. He also found that after some more testing/usage he was having problems with incoming calls.

And there was another post in these forums where a 755p user said he could get it to work sometimes but answering a call with a wired headset would cause it to stop working again. Unfortunately, the steps he described didn't work at all for me.

I've had another conversation with the people at Palm today and it's pretty clear that if this hasn't been fixed in the Verizon MR re-release, it will never be fixed for the 700p (Sprint or Verizon). I've had more than one person at Palm agree with me that it seems like the previous behavior was correct and the current behavior seems incorrect, but in every interaction they have had with the Engineering group the response was "The new behavior is how it is supposed to work. It is a safety issue and it won't be changed."

I still have a little hope that this might be fixed in the 755p in the future or maybe the Centro, but only time will tell.

However, if you do happen to figure out some sort of special sequence of actions that will make things work like they used to (and actions that must be avoided), please post them here.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I remember both those posts about some people getting it to work for a while after a reset.

I've almost had a wreck a couple times trying to disconnect the jack quickly while listening to a podcast in the car so that the call would go to the bluetooth headset. It's really annoying.

Tom
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'd gladly go back 1.06, especially since it would also get rid of that stupid beeping coming through the earpiece when the phone is muted.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Maybe if one of us had a wreck & brought a lawsuit they would reconsider the safety issue.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    After a restore I'm still able to pick up calls with BT even with wired headset attached. I'm not going to do anything in hopes it will stay this way.

Tom
    I've almost had a wreck a couple times trying to disconnect the jack quickly while listening to a podcast in the car so that the call would go to the bluetooth headset. It's really annoying.

Tom
    Yeah, I had a couple of scary moments while driving soon after installing the update and trying to take an important call only to find that I couldn't hear anything on the BT headset.

I finally came to the realization that if I thought there was any chance I'd need to use my Treo for a phone call while driving I would need to leave it unconnected to my car stereo. This prevents me from playing music or audiobooks while driving, making my investment in an Audible.com Platinum membership somewhat useless now. But safety comes first.

Unfortunately, not being able to use my Treo in this manner takes away a HUGE reason why I loved my Treo.
    Is there anyway we can go back and uninstall the MR?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmassey01 View Post
    Is there anyway we can go back and uninstall the MR?
    Not unless you buy one off eBay that doesn't have the update.

I tried 3 times through Sprint and Palm to get my 700p w/MR replaced with a a 700p w/o the MR. I specifically requested one without the MR and they said they would send one to me, but each time they sent one with the MR already applied.

Eventually I heard that, due to the terms of the agreement between Palm and Sprint (and probably Verizon), once the update is approved and released, it must be applied by Palm to all phones that are shipped by Palm to customers or the carrier. So all refurbs will be updated before they are sent out.

Also, there is no way to roll-back the update once it is applied. And for the same reasons as above, even if they had a technical way to roll it back, they are not allowed to do deliver a non-updated phone to customers.

So I may be looking to find used 700p on eBay in the near future...hopefully you won't get the last one before I get mine
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm surprised more users don't complain of this problem. Isn't anyone else out there using their Treo to listen to & talk on a bluetooth headset while it's docked in the car?
    I'm surprised more users don't complain of this problem. Isn't anyone else out there using their Treo to listen to & talk on a bluetooth headset while it's docked in the car?
    Well, I guess if you weren't doing it before the MR removed the functionality then you would probably just assume that it couldn't be done if you tried and it failed to work.

I guess there aren't that many car stereos with an audio input in the first place, but I specifally bought one that had an audio input so I could connect my iPod. Once I got my Treo, I ditched my iPod but now I may need to get a new one. But I'll miss listening to my daily WSJ that downloads automatically from Audible.com before I wake up and then listen to them on my drive to work.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I actually bought a kit from Crutchfield to add the input to my Honda car stereo. I listen to podcasts & internet radio all the time.

Tom
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I wonder if this thread would see more posts if it was titled

Using Bluetooth Headset While Using Audio Jack
    or
    Using Bluetooth Headset While Plugged Into Car Stereo.
    Last edited by Tom Munch; 09/24/2007 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Making more readable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12