Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Aw! Come on! Give with the details already!!
    Ok, here you go. My initial impressions.

    FIT
    This is really the first in ear bluetooh headset I have tried. I am having some difficulties getting a comfortable fit. Plantronics did include a bunch of different ear gels to try in varying size and types. I will play around with them to see if any give a better fit. One thing I did notice is as soon as I extend the boom, I need to resecure it in my ear. There is also a snap on ear loop that you can attach.

    Phone Call Quality
    Outgoing so far,has been mixed. I have made a bunch of calls. I would say most people said I sounded great. Others said they could tell I was on a headset, and one said I sounded like I was in a wind tunnel. Most however seem to think it sounds good.

    Incoming, is good, not great (in my opinion). I think sometimes it sounds very good, and other times it sounds alittle computerized (dont really know how else to explain it). Its also a strange sensation to me as the sound is now directly in my ear, as compared to my last bluetooth headset that used an earloop.

    Music
    Havn't spent much time on this, but I did give it a quick try. With the extra earbud attachment, music sounded very good. Alot better than I thought it would.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Ok, here you go. My initial impressions.

    FIT
    This is really the first in ear bluetooh headset I have tried. I am having some difficulties getting a comfortable fit. Plantronics did include a bunch of different ear gels to try in varying size and types. I will play around with them to see if any give a better fit. One thing I did notice is as soon as I extend the boom, I need to resecure it in my ear. There is also a snap on ear loop that you can attach.

    Phone Call Quality
    Outgoing so far,has been mixed. I have made a bunch of calls. I would say most people said I sounded great. Others said they could tell I was on a headset, and one said I sounded like I was in a wind tunnel. Most however seem to think it sounds good.

    Incoming, is good, not great (in my opinion). I think sometimes it sounds very good, and other times it sounds alittle computerized (dont really know how else to explain it). Its also a strange sensation to me as the sound is now directly in my ear, as compared to my last bluetooth headset that used an earloop.

    Music
    Havn't spent much time on this, but I did give it a quick try. With the extra earbud attachment, music sounded very good. Alot better than I thought it would.
    Will it stream music with only one ear piece in? In other words can you use it for A2DP without having to plug in the other ear piece?
  3. #23  
    Yeah, what he said -- need to know if you can start music or something like Slingplayer TV with it streaming to one earpiece, or can you start that with both earpieces, and unplug the second one and still have the audio stream to you.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Will it stream music with only one ear piece in? In other words can you use it for A2DP without having to plug in the other ear piece?
    Yes it will. However, I'm pretty sure its in mono when it comes through the one ear. Sounds great with the extra ear bud.
  5. #25  
    Cool -- I'm beginning to think this is my new headset. Where in NJ did you pick it up? I'm flying into Newark on Tuesday, and thinking of snagging one.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Cool -- I'm beginning to think this is my new headset. Where in NJ did you pick it up? I'm flying into Newark on Tuesday, and thinking of snagging one.
    I picked one up at a bestbuy. Im starting to really like it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    However, I'm pretty sure its in mono when it comes through the one ear.
    That goes without saying.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    That goes without saying.
    I don't get it. Why can't I get stereo through one ear!?!?!
















  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I don't get it. Why can't I get stereo through one ear!?!?!
    No doubt due to Palm's faulty implementation of one channel stereo.
  10. #30  
    I tried one out, after grabbing the sole unit available at my local Best Buy. Sadly, I'll sing the tune "another one bites the dust...".

    The 855 is a great design, and overall seems like a winner, BUT... why can't high-end earpieces have decent sound? The incoming sound on this thing is so digitized, you might as well pretend you're stuck in a new Star Trek movie, effects and all.

    It's also a little on the heavy side, for using it without a hook (which is included). But the design itself is nice, and perhaps Plantronics will get this right the next time around.

    Back to my trusty JX10 (and playing with the JX10 II now).
  11. #31  
    This is a tough crowd. I guess what I meant to say was that with the one earpiece in, I don't think all the music is directed into the earpiece. I think it assumes you have the second earbud in. Therefore it sounds kind of strange.

    As for the incoming sound, sometimes to me it sounds fine, other times it can be very digitalized.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    This is a tough crowd. I guess what I meant to say was that with the one earpiece in, I don't think all the music is directed into the earpiece. I think it assumes you have the second earbud in. Therefore it sounds kind of strange.

    As for the incoming sound, sometimes to me it sounds fine, other times it can be very digitalized.
    Ah, get what you mean now. Yea that makes sense with music. To be honest I was wanting to make sure I could stream video and hear with the one ear piece and not have to put both in.
  13. Devtodi's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Yes it will. However, I'm pretty sure its in mono when it comes through the one ear. Sounds great with the extra ear bud.
    it is either mono or 1 channel of stereo...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

    Roi Batty


    palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    it is either mono or 1 channel of stereo...
    Yes, we know. You didn't get the joke.
  15. Devtodi's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Yes, we know. You didn't get the joke.
    oh but I did!! subtle humor I guess...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

    Roi Batty


    palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
  16. #36  
    Any other new users out there with feedback? Should I quit asking and get off my lazy a$$ and buy one? What prices are people seeing in retail brick and mortar versus online?
  17. #37  
    The nice thing about picking one up at Best Buy is the 30 day return period -- go check it out. I'm back to a JX-10 II now.
  18. #38  
    I can't find one anywhere. (I don't do ebay).
  19. #39  
    I have one purchased on backorder with buy.com and am thinking about canceling based on the feedback. Those who don't like the digitized sound, what kind of Treo you using? I'm on a 700p. Am also hoping to listen to music via AudioGateway a2dp.

    CNET gives it a good review and says sound quality is very good, but may depend on phone.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/bluetooth-he...-32600914.html

    Also curious how it charges. Sure would like to be able to charge from any USB port.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  20. #40  
    Anyone found this thing in stock online yet??
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions