1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

For a long time, I've loaded photos direct from computer to SD card via card reader, then popped card back into Treo 650 (Cingular/ATT). Always worked fine. Last night I loaded a few more (had perhaps 30, now about 35), but the Palm app Media doesn't see the new ones, and just as bad, doesn't see the old ones either. Media finds photos on the device, but not on the card. This has happened on rare occasion in the past and I figured out to delete the few bogus clutter files on the SD card in the photo directory that seem to be created when it is mounted to the PC (a Mac iBook, actually). If I have de-cluttered the thing properly, the pics always show up. If I don't, the pics show up, but my card folder of mp3's is actually corrupted and pTunes can't find half the songs available.

Anyway, all I did was load a few new pics. Any ideas? I did reset, no improvement. The card itself is working fine as I used some medical database programs successfully which store their data on the card.

BTW, I did a search on this topic before posting this question. Just saying so because I'm sure it's something simple that I don't know or that I know but am overlooking -- didn't want to bother you all unnecessarily.

-- Josh
    I have a card reader for my SD card, but I truly always use the Palm Media Installed screen for adding photos. It is just as easy and takes no longer than dragging photos onto the SD card through the reader. Using the Media Installer ensures that the Palm will see them. Sorry, I guess that really didn't answer your question. But I find the Palm Quick Install (including the Media Installer) very quick and easy to use.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I have a card reader for my SD card, but I truly always use the Palm Media Installed screen for adding photos. It is just as easy and takes no longer than dragging photos onto the SD card through the reader. Using the Media Installer ensures that the Palm will see them. Sorry, I guess that really didn't answer your question. But I find the Palm Quick Install (including the Media Installer) very quick and easy to use.
    Yes, I agree that using the usual methods makes sense. HOwever, that requires a HotSync, and I need to avoid hotsync at all costs. My hotsync port stopped working a long time ago. The only way to hotsync now is via bluetooth which takes forever (as in nearly 1 hour each time, and that's if I turn off ePocrates conduit, which would otherwise add even longer).

So I am left with putting things directly on the SD card via card-reader and PC. But it's always worked before. So the question is what might be the problem now?
    -- Josh
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    So I am left with putting things directly on the SD card via card-reader and PC. But it's always worked before. So the question is what might be the problem now?
    -- Josh
    Ok, fixed it myself. Don't ultimately know what was wrong, but I fixed it. Put SD card in card reader plugged in to PC. At PC, copied all photos from card into folder on desktop for safe keeping. Then deleted the entire DCIM folder (the pictures and video media folder) from the SD card. Popped it back into Treo to make sure everything was really gone. Then took a picture with Treo and copied it to the card so that the Treo would properly create and configure a new DCIM media folder on the card. So I essentially wiped out a buggy old folder of media items and made a new nearly empty one. Popped SD card out of Treo and plugged it back into PC via card reader. Copied the pictures and videos from temporary folder on desktop back into the new clean DCIM folder on card. Popped card back in to Treo and -voila- it works just fine.

I figure there must have been some sort of corrupted file on the card in that folder that I just couldn't find or recognize. Problem solved. Hope this helps someone else.
    -- Josh