1.    #1  
    I had a 700WX that was unable to handle email for me, so I got the 755P, only to find that the MP3 ringtones that I had been using on the WX were no longer playable as ringtones on the P unless I downloaded some third party software. I found some free ware (minitones) that looks like it is good, but I need to know if anyone else is using this program; if so, how do you split an MP3 so that only part of it is shown as a ringtone; etc. Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by nbobys View Post
    I had a 700WX that was unable to handle email for me, so I got the 755P, only to find that the MP3 ringtones that I had been using on the WX were no longer playable as ringtones on the P unless I downloaded some third party software. I found some free ware (minitones) that looks like it is good, but I need to know if anyone else is using this program; if so, how do you split an MP3 so that only part of it is shown as a ringtone; etc. Can anyone help?

You dont have to get an app to do use real ringones if you dont want to...I use mp4 and I convert myself from mp3 to mp4 using nero or itunes. I hate having alot of apps on my phone...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    You dont have to get an app to do use real ringones if you dont want to...I use mp4 and I convert myself from mp3 to mp4 using nero or itunes. I hate having alot of apps on my phone...
    Thanks. So does this mean that the 755P can play MP4 ring tones, and if I convert my MP3's to MP4's and then email them to myself and open the attachments, the attachments will get added to my ringtone list and will work? If this is so, I don't have an Ipod (I'm not much of a music person anymore) and I don't have Nero. Can I download Nero from the web and do conversions with it easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by nbobys View Post
    ...I found some free ware (minitones) that looks like it is good, but I need to know if anyone else is using this program; if so, how do you split an MP3 so that only part of it is shown as a ringtone; etc. Can anyone help?
    Minitones is good. Here are some instructions that I put in another thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...97&postcount=7

You could also try the newer but very similar Musictones.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    MiniTones works great. The best thing to do is to convert your MP3 in iTunes to 128KBPS so the file is smaller. Then use minitones to shorten it and save it , and Voila @!