1.    #1  
    Hello there, I have a need to play Real Video files (not just Real Audio) and it seems that version 1.6.1 (the latest that I found) from Real only plays RA. I also can't seem to find any other 3rd party players that support RV. I could convert the RV to some other format but it seems that takes a LONG conversion time for each file (days each). Seems simple, but isn't. Thanks! - Mac
    I've been using a FOSS program called TCPMP to watch movies on my 650 for as long as I've had it. I still prefer to convert them to a lower resolution and framerate simply to save space on my SD card but I've copied plenty of full size movies and shows and watched them with no problem. I haven't tried watching an HD movie on the Palm though and I very much doubt it could handle it.

TCPMP supports pretty much every codec out there...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I use DivX Converter to convert the AVI coming from the Canon SD digicam to less than a tenth of the original file size to view in my Treo 650 using TCPMP. Sorry, it does not convert Real to DivX. Maybe one would have to convert Real to something else and then on to DivX...
    I use either kinoma Producer, or there is a converter at palm's site, pqdvd or something like that. I have abandoned all players for video except for TCPMP, as it plays what I want, with NO lag. NO LAG even at HD quality materials.(use it on my TX, 680, and 650)

A good converter program is always worth getting for the price, but I have seen nothing player-wise that is worth buying save for TCPMP and it's free.

MjM
    Handhelds
    Zire 31-> Zire 72s-> T|X

Phones:
    Nokia 5160-> Nokia 3100-> Nokia 3220-> Treo 650 Unlocked(modded ROM)-> Treo 680 Unlocked(modded ROM #8 within 15 minutes of receiving the box)-> Treo Pro(hacked as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptitech View Post
    I use either kinoma Producer, or there is a converter at palm's site, pqdvd or something like that.
    BTW, we have a free trial of Kinoma Producer.

http://blog.kinoma.com/2007/08/free-...ducer-4-trial/

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptitech View Post
    I have abandoned all players for video except for TCPMP, as it plays what I want, with NO lag. NO LAG even at HD quality materials.
    Although the CPU and supporting video hardware of any Palm OS device isn't capable of supporting HD content directly (regardless of player), I transcode HD content all of the time for playback on my Treo. It's easy and looks great.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks