Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a solution? Can the calendar, tasks, notes, and contacts info be exported and then installed? Perhaps via an SD card?

My company is so paranoid that we're only able to sync if we have a BB. No thanks.

Appreciate your assistance.
    I know Outlook pretty well, and I can't think of a way if you can't hotsync your Treo. There is no import function on the treo for contacts. For a calender item, you might be able to email the appointment. Not sure if the Treo will accept that. Sorry I can't be of more help. Will they let you install the Treo software?
    Just a thought.
    Can you run it from a usb flash drive by chance?
    My brother's company is the same way. "Treo's are not supported or encouraged by this company"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Just a thought.
    My brother's company is the same way. "Treo's are not supported or encouraged by this company"
    I'm sorry, run "it"? I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

Sounds like I'm pretty much hosed - I don't want a BB and their exorbitant data fees and lack of great mulitmedia applications. Guess will have to update both calendars - a bit of a pain in the arse but I think it is my only option. I cannot install any of the Treo software.

Thanks for your replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Just a thought.
    I don't think that would work, as Palm Desktop updates the registry, and installs a USB driver to enable Hotsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
    I don't think that would work, as Palm Desktop updates the registry, and installs a USB driver to enable Hotsync.
    Good points. Just throwing it out there.
    You could always export your Outlook .pst file, import it to another computer, and hotsync to that computer.
    Problem I found with that is that categories always get a bit screwy.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You could always export your Outlook .pst file, import it to another computer, and hotsync to that computer.
    This might be a doable setup here. Thanks - categories aren't really critical for me - I don't utilize that functionality probably as much as I should. But it works for me. I will give this a shot.

As always, appreciate the knowledge here on this forum!