1.    #1  
    The only earpiece that I can tolerate are the round hemispherical ones. With those, the earpieces fit the best in the ear (good bass, snug) is with the S9 "riding high" at the back of the head. This is when the top part of the S9 body is almost touching the lower part of the back of my head.

The above position holds for a few minutes/seconds,, then the S9 body slides slowly but surely down till it is almost touching my neck (it sometimes does). This is eventually the most "stable" (I use that word loosely) position. However, in this position, the earpiece is not fitting snugly and the sound deteriorates.

Anyone else seeing this? Is my head or are my ears shape/size not up to par?

The S9 design needs eargels!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Exactly!! When the headset is fully in position, the sound is great, especially the bass response. However, the earpieces slide out easily and sound becomes tinny. Looking to the new plantronics voyager 855...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Fit sucks, comfort sucks, calls only being heard in one side sucks, lack of water-resistance sucks, touchy controls suck. That about sums it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    The only earpiece that I can tolerate are the round hemispherical ones. With those, the earpieces fit the best in the ear (good bass, snug) is with the S9 "riding high" at the back of the head. This is when the top part of the S9 body is almost touching the lower part of the back of my head.

The above position holds for a few minutes/seconds,, then the S9 body slides slowly but surely down till it is almost touching my neck (it sometimes does). This is eventually the most "stable" (I use that word loosely) position. However, in this position, the earpiece is not fitting snugly and the sound deteriorates.

Anyone else seeing this? Is my head or are my ears shape/size not up to par?

The S9 design needs eargels!!
    The only way I could get any use out of the S9s is to wear them upside down, meaning the logo is upside down and the phone button is on the right side.
  5.    #5  
    I totally bought this set ONLY because of water resistance.. which turned out to be false. I feel snookered.

Fit is bad, comfort is horrible, sound is good when the earpieces are in-place, for 1-2 minutes.

Please send this feedback to Motorola at

http://motorola-global-eng.custhelp....p_sid=rSAv9uLi
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    The fit in my case it's not too bad. It does ride a bit high in the back though and it slides down a bit but not enough to degrade the sound too bad.

Do you require having to pair more than once to eliminate the buffering cycle?
  7.    #7  
    Everytime I use the S9, I go through the following. This ssems to work reliably:

1. Power on the S9
    2. Turn on BT on the Treo
    3. Wait (about 30-60 sec) for beep from the S9
    4. Run SAG and switch to A2DP device.
    5. Enter 0000 when prompted

This entire sequence results in stable performance for that session. When I'm done, I reverse the steps. Switch SAG to internal speaker, turn off BT on the Treo, power off S9.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Do you have the DUN hack? If I turned off BT, more often than not I need to reset to restore DUN functionality.