Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.phonenews.com/images/stories/palmcentro.png
    http://www.phonenews.com/content/view/2352/1/

The second phone is the Palm Centro which will feature both Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store access, Sprint Mobile Email, Google Maps, VersaMail, a new client called Sprint Instant Messaging, PocketTunes Deluxe media player, and a 1.3 megapixel camera
    From Sprint's leaked Q4 roadmap. At least the camera is not VGA

Surur
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Surur,

Can you post a picture of the Centro above, the PDA France picture, and the white Vodaphone picture so we can compare these three units side by side?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

At least the camera is not VGA
    Wow, great improvement from VGA to 1.3MP camera. I would almost sell my Canon Digital Ixus 75.
  4.    #4  
    I'm not at my computer at present. I shall look later.

Surur
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Thanks!!
    Its got the same internals as the 755p, interesting.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    Surur,

Can you post a picture of the Centro above, the PDA France picture, and the white Vodaphone picture so we can compare these three units side by side?
    Here you go.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7...browsercf1.jpg

French, Sprint and Vodafone Centros. Obviously as these are all different units we have no idea what the relative sizes are, but I made the WM version to have the same size d-pad as the Sprint one, and the result seems realistic.

Surur
    Good job with the sizing. The d-pad approach seems sound. The Vodaphone device looks to be much shorter than current Treos.

I'm expecting to see the Vodaphone device on Tuesday. And based on the Palm blog post, it'll be called something other than Centro. My first two guesses for its name are Palm (as in Palm 800) and Treo.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    The Vodaphone device looks to be much shorter than current Treos.
    Its probably more squat because its wider, due to having a landscape screen.

Surur
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Surur thanks great job. The Centro and the French unit appear the same from the outside. Maybe the internals are different.

France wasn't on the list of countries for the Tuesday announcement so maybe they are getting the Centro later??

Were we ever able to confirm how many new units? Centro yes (suposedly not a Treo), 800 I believe so, Centro = 690?? or are they seperate units?
    Its a False alarm.... i will post link in a sec
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/07/p...ber-12th-anno/
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Here you go.

French, Sprint and Vodafone Centros. Obviously as these are all different units we have no idea what the relative sizes are, but I made the WM version to have the same size d-pad as the Sprint one, and the result seems realistic.

Surur
    Try these specs for the Vodaphone WM device, they sound 'bout right:

117 x 65 x 13.8 mm (135 grams)

Those were the reported leaked ones from a little while ago

* Naming convention will be Treo 5XX
    * One version with Windows Mobile 6 Standard, the other is a new non-touchscreen edition of the Palm OS
    * Multiple colors (<--hence the "FIVE" in the Palm add -Mal)
    * 2.4 inch QVGA screen with 65k colors
    * 2 megapixel camera
    * Bluetooth 2.0 w/ A2DP support
    * 3G + HSDPA
    * 256 MB onboard memory with 64 MB of RAM

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Try these specs for the Vodafone WM device, they sound 'bout right:

117 x 65 x 13.8 mm (135 grams)
    Here you go.

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/5...browserif7.jpg

Of note is that plugging in those numbers into the Vodafone picture did not change its aspect ratio significantly, so there is a good chance its right. That would make it Palm's thinnest device ever. Pity its so tall though.

Because we know how large the Pearl is (107 x 50 x 14.5 mm), we can deduce the GSM Centro is 55mm wide, 110 mm tall and has a 2.4 inch screen.

Using your measurements, the Vodafone Centro has a 2.7 inch screen.

Surur
    now I feel totally ripped off by palm for buying a 755p for $250 more than a better spec'd centro. and I like centro's form factor better.

I'm dissapointed in palm enough to switch to WM
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    now I feel totally ripped off by palm for buying a 755p for $250 more than a better spec'd centro. and I like centro's form factor better.

I'm dissapointed in palm enough to switch to WM
    IMO, its only smaller but not all quality. I think the Pearl is better constructed and crafted in a device. Centro is a cheaper toy for the kids with an old POS. It looks cheap to me in white, black or whatever photos surface. May be the real deal will have a little more spice when released. Functionality is my first concern but I like a well constructed attractive looking device and The BlackBerry Pearl has this POS in my opinion covered.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I feel so totally ripped off too. I'll never buy a gadget again when they keep releasing new stuff later..lol
    does anyone know where the placement of the headset jack is going to be?

Also, is it confirmed to definately have BT 2.0?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I feel so totally ripped off too. I'll never buy a gadget again when they keep releasing new stuff later..lol
    If you mean this, you will NEVER get another gadget, period.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    If you mean this, you will NEVER get another gadget, period.
    Tongue-in-cheek perhaps?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast