Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Here you go.

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/5...browserif7.jpg

Of note is that plugging in those numbers into the Vodafone picture did not change its aspect ratio significantly, so there is a good chance its right. That would make it Palm's thinnest device ever. Pity its so tall though.

Because we know how large the Pearl is (107 x 50 x 14.5 mm), we can deduce the GSM Centro is 55mm wide, 110 mm tall and has a 2.4 inch screen.

Using your measurements, the Vodafone Centro has a 2.7 inch screen.

Surur
    Very impressive deductions Surur. I'm quite impressed.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Just remember, you could have been an iphone beta tester and paid $600... now you'd have your $100 coupon to spend at the Apple store....small consolation. Seriously, I am very happy with my 755p. I want to see what the new keyboard is like on the Centro before I start crying myself to sleep at night.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Doesn't it strike anybody as odd that they're including Versafail instead of Chatter??

What the hell was the point of buying Chatter if they're not going to include it in new devices? Colligan really has to go.
    also sprint's "new" instant messaging app??? you mean the same crap azz app from the 755?? gee thanks guys.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    Doesn't it strike anybody as odd that they're including Versafail instead of Chatter??
    Odd, no. F ing stupid, yes!

What the hell was the point of buying Chatter if they're not going to include it in new devices?
    To stop development of a superior product??

[Do they even include a trial version of Chatter with current phones??]
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    The palm centrofuge.... the point at which everything begins to spin out of control for palm.....
    could it be possible that they renamed chatter to Versamail since we know marc started at palm? maybe chatter is considered the facelift of versamail
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    could it be possible that they renamed chatter to Versamail since we know marc started at palm? maybe chatter is considered the facelift of versamail
    I may well be wrong, but hasn't Marc intimated that he's not working on Chatter for Palm??
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    also sprint's "new" instant messaging app??? you mean the same crap azz app from the 755?? gee thanks guys.
    Was it really that crappy?
    not really. its actually a nice cool app. As long as the network connection is good it should work very well....

one little thing i like about it is that it actually uses the alert sounds that the real desktop app uses, for the Yahoo Messenger at least...
    this is on engadget:CENTRO, which was out yesterday, but check out the third comment which has picts of the Centro and the Vogue from a Sprint employee.
    Engadget Mobile published a pic of the Centro and its next to a 755p. Very interesting change in size, in terms of width.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    look above your post!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Don't you just hate when someone post the same thing as you while you are typing it. You hit post and then you see someone stole your thunder.
    believe me - I am usually that second person!
    did anyone see the pics posted in the comments? they are not working for me ??
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    did anyone see the pics posted in the comments? they are not working for me ??
    Does not matter - just go back to the main engadget mobile page - they pulled the picts out and made it a post.
    Here's a pic from Engadget. The buttons look to be the same size, just less space in between:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...nt_lovin01.jpg

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Unimpressed. Underwhelmed. Not quite the big shot in the arm Palm needs.

Actually, I believe that the shot of the Centro next to the 755p hurts it more than helps. From that camera perspective the Centro looks just a tad thinner and slimmer, but not mby much. The screen however looks small and it would be interesting to see it in real-life.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Unimpressed. Underwhelmed. Not quite the big shot in the arm Palm needs.
    It's a $99 smartphone.

If it sells to a new audience (non-smartphone users/ low end), then that IS what they need. I don't think this is meant to impress people at TC.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast