1.    #1  
    What's the extra hole on the back of the Treo 755p for? Opposite side from the stylus, small round copper thing inside, and a red button with "Palm". The diagram in the manual doesn't even indicate it, even though it is pictured.

Mark
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    That is for an external antenna. All Treo's have had them.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by relgin View Post
    That is for an external antenna. All Treo's have had them.

Rich
    Does Palm actually offer an external antenna? I've never seen one.

TKOS
    Don't think palm does, but it's a relatively standard connector for small antennae.
    Actually it's pretty deep as standard antenna's go. My antenna that I used with my 700p doesn't work. It's just too deep to get the connector in there

If anyone has found a way around this, please let me know.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Interesting that you mention an external antenna as I was wondering how much gain I would get from the use of one. I have a house at the Lake of the Ozarks with virtually no phone service (on rare occasions I will get one bar of service). having an external that I could mount would be a huge benefit. Wilson makes one but they list the gain as 6db vs. 9db for the same model on the 700p.
  7.    #7  
    Ah -- I was hoping. And what about what looks like a little red button with 'Palm' on it? Just a fastener? Or what? And while I'm at it, the tiny hole/jack on the right of the power connector on the bottom?

Thanks!
    The tiny hole to the right is the microphone
    The external antenna really only seems to help in really weak areas. If you've got an okay signal it doesn't help much (you don't have to fuss with the orientation of the phone as much). It's in the weak areas it seems to help.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmark@svs.com View Post
    Ah -- I was hoping. And what about what looks like a little red button with 'Palm' on it? Just a fastener? Or what?

Thanks!
    Gmark

That is a RED sticker over a torax screw which has to be removed if you want to take the phone apart.
    If that RED seal is broken you might have trouble getting warranty service.

Rich