1.    #1  
    I've used a Treo 680 since last year - and suddenly in this past week I'm having an odd problem which occurs in one of two ways:

1) I opt to update an application from within the application. The app apparently calls a website link and then... (see below)

2) I'm reading an e-mail and it has a link - say for an article of something - I click on the link and then...

(and then...) the Treo fires up the browser app (Blazer) - you can see a URL in the Address field - then I get prompted to download a file - which might make some sense in the first situation above - but not the second. The window that appears is labeled "Download" - underneath it reads"

File: undef_

Size: 0k
    Available memory: 12.44M

Save to: Device/Card

Do you want to download? Yes/No

I can pick Device or Card - doesn't seem to matter, then say Yes to Download - it attempts to download a file name (that isn't undef_ like it seems above) - the next "Download" window has a "Save" and "Save and open" button - pressing "Save and open" yields a browser error window that that says "UnknownError and then it lists the URL it was trying to reach. Clicking OK to exit that window - another window comes up labeled "Transfer" a message says "Do you want to accept "filename" (the same filename it tried to save a moment ago) into Memos?

Category: Unfiled (has a drop down with my Categories there) Yes/No

If I say Yes 0 it just comes back to the browser screen with the "bad" URL in it. I've tried to go into the Memo app to see what it deposited there - but can't see anything.

What's going on here - any ideas? This just started last week and it's really annoying.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark
    Pilot 1000 (Sept '96 - Orginial 128k - then upgrade to 512k, then 1mb, then custom 2mb,) IIIxe, m130, CLIE NX-60, Treo 680
    I've seen stuff like that happen when heap/dbcache gets low.. Have you done a soft reset?
  3.    #3  
    A soft reset seemed to fix it - thanks!

-Mark
    Pilot 1000 (Sept '96 - Orginial 128k - then upgrade to 512k, then 1mb, then custom 2mb,) IIIxe, m130, CLIE NX-60, Treo 680