Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have a 700p with the MR 1.10 update. we all know how much fun that has been as Verizon customers.......I have decided to give Sprint and the 755p a try with their el cheapo SERO plan.....so I want to sell my 700p on Ebay and I have already backed my data up and transferred it to the new 755p. Sooo now I need to clear the memory to sell it (how do I do that and also revert it back to 1.06 or 1.08 and have it also erase my personal data) before I sell it...?
    Easiest way, hold the power button down while doing a reset. When prompted on screen, use the 5-way up button to erase all data. As for MR update, that gets burned to ROM and there is no means to reset it.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    You will not be able to have it revert back to 1.06 or 1.08. The Maintanence Release is a permanent change to the phone.

To perform a hard reset, see this page.
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...1,Case=obj(887)
    You would have to get your hands on the 1.06 or 1.08 versions and install them, same procedure as the 1.10 install, which flashes the ROM.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    You should do a search of this forum for how to do a what I think is call a zero or factory reset. researchers have been able to get data back from phones that have been hard reset.
    If you know your MSL, dial ##786 (or something similar for verizon) then menu>reset. It will ask you for MSL. This is the zero out for the 700P. Hard reset won't remove your ph# or vision login from phone info but zero out does - did this on mine. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thank you but what is an MSL? Please be as specific as you can.....
    Quote Originally Posted by aweyrich View Post
    Thank you but what is an MSL? Please be as specific as you can.....
    Master Subsidy Lock it is a code you will have to get from your provider. I would get your MSID at the same time. (Master Subsidy ID)
    Matty
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    VZW MSL is 000000 for all users...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    The best thing is to do a factory reset. You can find the instructions here: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...ase=obj(15574). Or search for Solution ID : 15574 on the Palm support web site.