Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I know there are millions of opinions on this, but I am looking to move from wirelesssync from verizon to a better e-mail system, one where I can send attachments.

Is Versamail a mistake? It is free, after all.....

Thanks for your help.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Versamail is ok, and yes free too. But for a much more robust email program check out ChatterEmail
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I had looked at Chatteremail, but since there is no more development, I couldn't see spending money on it right now. That was my main reason for inquiring about Versamail. I don't want to spend too much money for a feature that should be there.
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    but since there is no more development
    No more development is necessary IMO.
    1. when was the last development of versamail?
    2. what difference would that make if versamail is in ROM?

(try chatteremail)
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I agree about the development of versamail. Ok, dumb reason on my part. I guess I am trying not to spend the money if I don't have to.

Also, versamail is not in ROM on my device, needs to be installed, as did wirelesssync.
    Visit My Blog

Versamail is ok given that it's free. It is all I use. The only problem I have with it is, every quarter or so, it either stops deleting emails from the server, or pulls all old emails off the server every time. From this board I learned a quick fix (deleting Multimail Disconnect folder via FileZ) which works 1/2 of the time. The other half of the time I have to delete the mailbox, reset, and set it up again.

A PITA yes, but again it's free. I would NOT put up with that from an app I paid for.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information.

I actually also get e-mail through outlook, which deletes from the server. I leave mail that the treo gets on the server, so that I have a copy on the desktop, so that may no be an issue for me.

What are some of your other thoughts on versamail?

After more reading and searching, I am considering either Versamail or chatter.
    Visit My Blog

Versamail is, as you know, free. I say give it a shot for a few months. If you don't like it then get Chatter.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. I think that is exactly what I'm going to do. Any idea, however, how to remove the wirelesssync client?
    Visit My Blog

I use versamail with mail2web and it pushed to my device just as it was in chatter i did the trial and as you said its free