1.    #1  
    I'm having a problem with my Outlook calendar synching appointments with the Treo. I have the Outlook conduits setup on my desktop to synch with my Treo, but appts are not updating on the Treo.

I think the reason may be how I'm receiving my Yahoo mail. I'm currently forwarding Yahoo mail to a website (mail2web) that pushes it to the Treo via Active Synch. Could the Treo be trying to synch with the calendar on the mail2web website?

I would like to receive Active Synch email from the service but still update Outlook calendars when I Hot Synch with my computer.

I can go more in detail, but don't want to overwhelm everyone with a longer message.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am having th same problem, but I do not have my yahoo mail pushed to the treo.

This is a recent problem for me and i dont have any idea of what is causing it.

Everything else seems to sync well, except for Calendar

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I'm having a problem with my Outlook calendar synching appointments with the Treo. I have the Outlook conduits setup on my desktop to synch with my Treo, but appts are not updating on the Treo.

I think the reason may be how I'm receiving my Yahoo mail. I'm currently forwarding Yahoo mail to a website (mail2web) that pushes it to the Treo via Active Synch. Could the Treo be trying to synch with the calendar on the mail2web website?

I would like to receive Active Synch email from the service but still update Outlook calendars when I Hot Synch with my computer.

I can go more in detail, but don't want to overwhelm everyone with a longer message.

Any help would be appreciated.
    You cannot sync the Calendar with a different application if you are using ActiveSync. The Treo will always sync the Calendar with ActiveSync if ActiveSync is configured.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the response and this is definitely the issue I was having. I went back to a pull for my Yahoo mail and all synching is working again.
    After Hot Syncing my Treo 650 to Outlook I get a message on the desktop saying "Hot Sync complete with one message". When I click on "View Log" nothing happens. When I check the Treo itself I scroll down the post Hot Sync status page to calendar, where it says "complete with one message" - How do I find the message or offending calendar entry??
    Guys, I'm having this same problem. So, I guess the only solution is to go back to pulling email, instead of having it push? That's lame. How can we still get push email, without giving up the ability to sync our calendar with Palm Desktop? Also, did any of you notice that when you synced with mail2web, that it automatically removed ALL of your previous calendar entries from your device? Nice, huh? They're still on Palm Desktop, but they're not on the device anymore. Only future appointments. How do I get them back on my device? I really don't want problems with it deleting all of my calendar entries.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    The palm web notes, if you setup EAS then you will no longer be able to hotsync with outlook (contacts and calendar).

I had the same issue with mail2web, EAS, and hotsync. I ended up having to go back to pulling emails. For me hotsync with my PC and laptop is more important that push email.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    The palm web notes, if you setup EAS then you will no longer be able to hotsync with outlook (contacts and calendar).

I had the same issue with mail2web, EAS, and hotsync. I ended up having to go back to pulling emails. For me hotsync with my PC and laptop is more important that push email.
    Amen to that. What a sad, half-a$$ed job Palm did on the whole "push" email thing. How hard is it? Blackberry has apparently figured it out. It's not rocket science.

OK, so when you went back to pulling your emails, and using Palm Desktop to sync, how did you make sure to get all your calendar/contacts entries back on your Palm, without it screwing anything up? You know, double entries, deleted entries, etc.?

Thanks
    OK, mail2web is a poor service, imho. I disabled the account on my phone, and then did a hot sync with my computer. It gave me some duplicate entries on my calendar, but I was able to clean them up. At least I didn't lose anything.

Now that Gmail offers imap with chatter, forget mail2web. Gmail's imap is WAY better and faster.... and I can just keep syncing my calendar and contacts on my local computer. I really never felt entirely comfortable with some unknown third party having all my data like that. Made me feel uneasy.
    I avoid mail2web because they seemed to be entirely unsecured, and also they emailed me my username and password in plain text without my even requesting it!! Amazingly bad policy. I cleaned out all my account settings and added garbage information, filled in a password I didn't write down, and walked away from them quick. Wouldn't trust them with my data EVER.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.