1.    #1  
    I installed the MR update and now all I really want to do is go back.

My phone reboots all the time now, especially if I am using the browser. I also get reboots just by pressing the 'home' button.

In addition, when I go into the contacts portion of my phone directory, it is slow to scroll through the list and it is really slow when I type in letters to find a contact.

This just sucks. While I was having problems pre-MR they weren't as bad as now. At least my phone was working then.
    How did you install the MR update? SD card method or sync? Did you do a hard reset to put your device to factory state before applying the update. The SD card method has been the more reliable way to apply the update. My post 700p may not be perfect but I actually like my Treo again. The update was good to me...BT has worked flawlessly, extended battery life, barely any resets compared to pre MR.
    at&t iPhone3G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    How did you install the MR update? SD card method or sync? Did you do a hard reset to put your device to factory state before applying the update. The SD card method has been the more reliable way to apply the update. My post 700p may not be perfect but I actually like my Treo again. The update was good to me...BT has worked flawlessly, extended battery life, barely any resets compared to pre MR.
    I did the hard reset before the update and I did not use the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark3397 View Post
    I did the hard reset before the update and I did not use the SD card.
    I had tried restoring my backup (using NVBackup) the first time I applied the update and ran into some stability problems. These mostly went away after I did a hard reset and the resinstalled the apps one at a time.

Try doing a hard reset, sync your contact info, and then reinstall the programs one-by-one. I know it is a PITA, but it is the only good way to determine if the problem is with the phone/firmware or a software/settings issue.

If you can see problems with just the default apps and your data, then take it in for servicing. They will most likely replace it with a refurb.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I did a hard reset and now I am restoring pieces back. However, how do I get my contacts re-installed. I don't see a .PDB for contacts anywhere.

Same goes for my calender.

Never mind, found my answer here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=93534.
    Last edited by mark3397; 09/08/2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: found my own answer