Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    late last week I was following a thread in this forum where a user claimed that sending a text to himself was able to "fix" the data 3000 error and allow him to connect.He claimed that whenever he got the error he would send a text and that he could connect no problem after that.as I have an unlimited text plan this may be a decent workaround until palm fixes this issue.i cannot find the thread anymore(i searched)but I am wondering if this is working for anyone else.i never updated to 1.10 but would consider doing so if this works.i really need the more stable bluetooth so it may be worth it if all I need to do is send a text to get data.....anyone try this yet?
  2. #2  
    Yeah.. but for those of us who dont pay for txt messaging.. Why bother spending 15 cents a shot to fix this. Honestly I had a decent workaround which helped but there is NO FULLPROOF method of beating the error 3000's completely unless you get a 700p w/ 1.06 or getting a new phone altogether.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
  3.    #3  
    I completely understand.i am just curious as to if anyone has had success with this workaround.i cannot test this myself because I have a phone with 1.06 and another phone that has not been activated with 1.10.I am asking because I really want the stable bluetooth that 1.10 offers.If it was only a matter of a quick text to myself to correct an error 3000 then it may be worth it to me to activate and use my other 700p that has 1.10 because for me it would be no issue to send the occasional text as my plan is unlimited anyway because I send a lot of texts for my business
  4. #4  
    Heres my little story.

    I got my treo 700P in november. it was slow and laggy. Then I added bluetooth in January and then the phone started rebooting so much that it rebooted multiple times a day. the MR came along. I applied it and not only did NOT resolve my issues but it introduced error 3000. Then I got my 1st replacement treo which was super fantastic in the bluetooth arena. But then data stopped working altogether for 1 solid week until i got replacement #2 which had a bad up botton. Its soft and getting softer as I use it. My error 3000s are getting much worse as time goes on. Bluetooth is much more stabler than my initial first phone. I think that the MR somewhat proved that my phone was defective from the get-go. I think in this current issue you have to trade out one problem for another.

    I posted one sad story of how earlier this year when I was in Japan and how stable my phone was because it wasnt using a radio signal. Could you believe that in 3 weeks my phone never rebooted once?? I think thats sealing my deal on Palm as to what I want these days. Choose wisely
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
  5. Feldhege's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #5  
    What works for me is to just shut the phone's radio off (hold down the red button until the goodbye screen appears) and then turn the phone back on (hold down the red button again until the welcome screen comes back on). After doing this, I can connect to the EVDO system no problem until my next phone call. Just my .02.

    Robb
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldhege View Post
    What works for me is to just shut the phone's radio off (hold down the red button until the goodbye screen appears) and then turn the phone back on (hold down the red button again until the welcome screen comes back on). After doing this, I can connect to the EVDO system no problem until my next phone call. Just my .02.

    Robb
    Ditto. Works first time every time. Just turn the phone off/on.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    I posted one sad story of how earlier this year when I was in Japan and how stable my phone was because it wasnt using a radio signal. Could you believe that in 3 weeks my phone never rebooted once??
    Yes!! Low/No signal situations will often cause reboots, because the phone locks up for periods of time in this situation, confusing apps (and probably the kernel) and causing resets.

    Then, there's also the incoming, disrupted datastream of EvDO, 1xRTT, text, and voice messages, that can crash the phone as well (or did I just say that above??) when there's a low signal.

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  8. #8  
    Here is a temp fix. When I get the 3000 error I update the roaming *228 and select option 2. After the update the connection always works for a good while(days etc...).

    I did notice that when I moved from areas around the state or from state to state I would get the 3000 error until I did the *228.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeScore View Post
    Here is a temp fix. When I get the 3000 error I update the roaming *228 and select option 2. After the update the connection always works for a good while(days etc...).

    I did notice that when I moved from areas around the state or from state to state I would get the 3000 error until I did the *228.
    This solution has also been utilized and beaten to death. *228 option 1, *228 Option 2. Would absolutely suck when you travel as heavily as me around the country. What even sucks further is sitting in the office and getting constant error 3000s at my desk and i dont even leave my building at all.

    There is no TRUE FIX unless you dont have a treo.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!

Posting Permissions