Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hey all,

After a far longer than I wanted hiatus from the Palm OS (my LifeDrive was stolen last year so I've been using the Palm Desktop to keep my life in order) I've returned to the Palm fold... with a Treo (Sero was just too good to pass up on, I was debating whether or not to wait for the new Linux ones... but I decided not to... especially since Palm has no signs of making a new PDA)... so I have a few questions as far as software goes (I'm using a Treo 755p):

1. Are there any program which I can use to automatically download podcasts over the air and store them on my memory card... or is there any way that I can set Kinoma to do so? So far the best I can see is that I can download it while I listen to it...

2. I used to have a stand-alone Wikipedia reader for my LifeDrive (which was free) which formatted it to the screen, but I can't find it anymore - what options are out there?

3. What sort of utilities would you recommend for me to get for the Treo? (Issues that are annoying that they fix / features that are really great to add)

4. Web browser - I think I still have the files for the Picsel web browser (although I'm not sure)... but I'm not sure - should I try to resurrect that or is there hope of a real browser (instead of that Blazer crap - from what I've read Opera still isn't that great of an option)?

5. How do I get rid of all the annoying icons/programs which are thrown into the rom (Quick Tour, all the Sprint get this program hyperlinks, etc)? I can't seem to find the right files with FileZ.

6. Is MobiTV really worth it? (How much actual live TV does it have...? And more importantly is the Fox Sports channel the local Fox Sports and is it live? If I subscribe would I be able to get it on my desktop without paying more?) or... is Sprint TV better? Or are neither of them worth it?

Thanks!
    Palm m505 - Palm m515 - Palm Tungsten T - Tapwave Zodiac - PalmOne LifeDrive - Palm Treo 755p
    1. quick news will allow you to download podcasts over the air.

5. use a third party launcher (TreoLauncher is the one I use) which will hide the unfiled category and programs.
    2. Take a look at www.standalone.com
    3. There are bunches and bunches and bunches of threads all ready
    covering this topic.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by JediLow View Post
    2. I used to have a stand-alone Wikipedia reader for my LifeDrive (which was free) which formatted it to the screen, but I can't find it anymore - what options are out there?
    http://wapipedia.mobi/ is a pretty good mobile version of Wikipedia. It's not standalone but it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    http://wapipedia.mobi/ is a pretty good mobile version of Wikipedia. It's not standalone but it works well.
    Dead link?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Dead link?
    My apologies, it's http://wapedia.mobi/. There is also a wapipedia but they don't have a .mobi page I guess.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Tomeraider3, which isnt free, is a standalone reader that accesses a ~1gb text version of Wikipedia that goes on your card, and which is free.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.