Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    My 2 month old 755p has reset and Frozen on the palm access screen. Tried to hrad and soft reset but is still stuck. Any other suggestions besides replace with sprint?

Thanks
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Try this: Leave the battery out for 5 minutes, then do the hard reset.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thanks perry I tried that too any other suggestions?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Let it sit at the Access screen for at least 5 minutes to see if it does finally progress.

That failing. . . . . an exorcism or the Sprint store. . . . . definitely is choking on something.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Still not working. I think I know the app that did it. I wish palm had a safe mode like windows so you could troubleshoot problems like this.
    Lenny

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    LennyV,

There is a Safe mode for the Treo. It's called a System Reset.

A System reset stops any ap's from starting after a reset. It allows you to delete any Ap's you want. A Soft Reset is needed to exit the System Reset mode.

To do a System Reset hold the 5-way UP key while inserting the battery. Release the UP key when you see the Access screen. This info is on page 288 of the User Guide.

You can download a 755p User Guide here if you don't have it.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...g.pdf&x=20&y=1

Rich
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Sniff sniff I really thought that would work relgin but I must be wrong about an app causing the "white screen of death". Any other ideas?
    Lenny

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    LennyV,

Other than a weak battery, which I don't think you have.

It's replacement time.

If a Hard Reset doesn't work the Hardware must be broke.

Rich
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Yeah I figured that. I am going out of town and the sprint store has no replacements on hand so it looks like I won't have my phone for a few days. I don't know how I will conduct business without it. I miss my 650. I had it for 2 1/2 years without a problem. Since then I have 700p and 755p each with sprint store visits for replacements.
    Lenny

Your store could not find a store with one to send you to?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I had a battle royal with sprint this morning.

I called customer tech support and they did the usual hard/soft reset routine. They said I could goto a sprint store and get a replacement.

I called 5 repair centers and they said they had none in stock. A replacement would take 1-2 days. So I may get it tomorrow if it comes before I leave.One store had a brand new 755p but would not switch it because they said it had to come from warranty replacement not store stock.

Called sprint back and got to retentions. Told them how vital my phone is to my business and that I was leaving for a trip tommorrow. I wanted them just to overnight me a refurb for am delivery. They would not do it even after I threatened to change carriers. In fact she asked if she should close my account now. I said I would need to port my numbers first.

They gave me the 755p as a replacement for my 700p that never worked that replaced my rock solid 650. I guess they were feeling that I was trying to take advantage of them but all I really want is a working phone and was not in a position to wait as long as they wanted. If my phone had been 2 years old I would not be griping so much but 2 months old just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I have been palm/visor loyal for 8 years and sprint/nextal loyal for 7 years.

Well thanks for the time to vent.
    Lenny

WOW. I would have thought they would have been more flexible.

Any Sprint stores where you are going? Got a backup program and all your data on an SD? Maybe they would take pity on "a poor weary traveler."

Good Luck. I hope the replacement does arrive in time.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/06/2007 at 04:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Yeah I am all backed up. I went to the nearest sprint and they are getting me a replacement so I am hoping that it will come before I leave. I don't have the time while I am away to be hitting any other sprint stores. So hopefully it will come before I leave.

Thanks for all of your help.
    Lenny

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Just as an update to this thread I finally got my 755p today and they sent me a new phone minus the accessories. It was not replaced with a refurb according to the ##786#.

So good to have my treo back.
    Lenny

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yeah mine is actin up too, my screen is stuck on a white screen that says ACCESS POWERED. I tried takin the battery out. I have had it for like two weeks.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flhd View Post
    Yeah mine is actin up too, my screen is stuck on a white screen that says ACCESS POWERED. I tried takin the battery out. I have had it for like two weeks.

Try doing a hard reset. (This will erase all of your data, hopefully you are backed up)

Take the battery out, press the red button, put the battery in, wait a few seconds and release the red button. It will ask you if you want to erase all of your data. Using the 3 way you will select yes.

Good luck!
    Lenny

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Since I was still within the 30 day return period they swapped mine out at a sprint store with a repair center after they looked at it for 30 minutes. thanks for all your help. thank god this didn't turn out to be a fiasco with me and sprint.
    I had the access screen of death about a month ago. No manner of reset would break it.

I have the monthly insurance/replacement plan and had to go to a Sprint store for them to look at it or work on it first. When they couldn't get it working again I left with a brand new 755 in blue (they did have to locate one in blue since I did not want a maroon one).
    Time to go to the sprint store for a replacement...

I have seen this problem before they just usually pull out a new unit
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I should have gone to an official corporate sprint store rather than an authorized repair center. I probably would have had a new phone that day.
    Lenny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast