1. jjd
    I configured my treo 700p to use Exchange ActiveSync to syncronize with my company's Exchange server.

Upon so doing, a dialog appeared that said something like "Your exchange administrator requires that you have a password set on your device." Now that I have set such a password, my treo auto-locks every 60 minutes and I can't disable it. If I go to the Security application, "Auto Lock Device" does not allow me to disable it or change the time setting.

Is there a way around this in order to disable auto lock?
    I have the same question - except mine is set at 20 minutes???

But the other weird thing is that it basically doesn't work correctly anyway. It never locks after 20 minutes of inactivity. Then today out of the blue right after a call it was locked and required a password. So I'm not really sure what the method to the madness is.

I'm not sure which is the bigger question: the 20 minutes for me versus 60 minutes for you or the fact that mine does not reliably lock at the select time as it sounds like yours is doing...?
  3. jjd
    Mine does seem to look after 60 minutes of inactivity. I suspect the difference between 30 and 60 is set by the IT administrator of our exchange servers.

What I want is to be able to disable it completely. I'm sure the pulldown (which only says "lock after 60 minutes" for me used to have "never" or some such on it. I want control of my device back. I never agreed to let my IT department control my phone.

Even worse, if you get the password wrong 10 times, it erases all the data on the device.

Does anyone know how to disable the locking?

--Jim--
    I just posted this in another thread.

I mentioned all of this to my IT guy and there is a setting on the exchange side. My IT guy said it was set at 20 minutes which is what is set on my device. He then turned it off on his end. My device has yet to lock since (it never really routinely locked anyway).

So it no longer locks...BUT...I still cannot make any changes to the device. It is still stuck on 20 minutes and I still cannot change it.