1.    #1  
    Anybody know of a hack like McPhling that works with the stowaway? I know I can use the cmd + # keys, but I'd like to be able to arrow through a list of apps a la McPhling.

does it exist?
    Can't answer your question but I'd like to ask if anyone knows a hack that can turn the Visor on when you press a key. I have my Prism set to turn off after a minute to save the batteries in long meetings so would be nice to just hit space bar to wake it up.

James
    On the subject of the McPhling hack, you may want to check out PointerHack . It will allow you to control a cursor using keyboard buttons. It is specifically written for the Go!type keyboard, but I think it may work with the Stowaway. I would think that you could use this to work with McPhling.

On second thought, I guess it won't. I was thinking that McPhling allowed you to customize the pen stroke, and it does not. If you could, you assign a standard stroke invoke McPhling and use the keyboard to invoke the stroke (does that make sense?)

I am going to write the developer of McPhling to see if he would implement something like this.
    Originally posted by Kintama
    I'd like to ask if anyone knows a hack that can turn the Visor on when you press a key.

James
    This would be very useful. I have often thought I could use this functionality. But I don't think this can be done with software.

The Stowaway runs on power from the Visor through the serial port. In order to wake up the Visor, you must pass a current to the serial port (like the hotsync cradle does). The problem is that the Stowaway does not have any power to start with to do the wakeup.

I had wondered if a small (watch) battery and pushbutton switch could be integrated into the keyboard just for this functionality. I am not an EE, but there are lots of bright people here at VC that love to hack these things together.
    I am not that keen on the idea of adding a switch... I mean how much farther away from the visor's own power switch would it be? The power switch is a one button way to wake it up :-)

My want was for speed... SO I could basically just start typing and it wakes up to record my data entry (that is because it shut off while in WS).

But I figured that there was a reason you couldn't wake it up or it would already be done. I'm sure your right about that powering of the serial cable.

THanks for you feedback.
    James
    Originally posted by flips13
    I am going to write the developer of McPhling to see if he would implement something like this.
    Here is Mike's response:
    I too have thought about adding those feature. However, McPhing right now is in a maintenance mode. I have a couple tough bugs that I need to find before adding any more features. I also need to keep McPhling small and fast. The last couple updates have slowed it down significantly.