Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    What are people using as a "keyguard" if you keep your phone in your pocket so buttons don't accidently get pressed, especially if the phone rings and a button press disables the ring and answers the call?

I used KeepOff on my Treo 600 and installed it on my 700p, but it doesn't seem to work (i.e. buttons were being pressed on an incoming call and the ringer stopped). I know there is the default Keyguard app, but I was hoping for something less intrusive ... like KeepOff. Any ideas on what people are using?

Thanks.

P.S. I should emphasize, that is my main issue, is a button being pressed while the phone is in my pocket, so it doesn't continue making an audible ringing noise.
    Last edited by noahas; 09/05/2007 at 11:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I'd recommend looking into Butler and Phone Technician. I use both on my phone and between the two, can do almost exactly what you're looking to do (I haven't disable incoming call though on mine but, if I remember right, it should be possible!). Butler especially does a nice job of disabling all hardware buttons. I'd highly recommend them!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I'd recommend looking into Butler and Phone Technician. I use both on my phone and between the two, can do almost exactly what you're looking to do (I haven't disable incoming call though on mine but, if I remember right, it should be possible!). Butler especially does a nice job of disabling all hardware buttons. I'd highly recommend them!
    Great, thanks. I haven't looked at it since it first came out.
    I too use KeepOff on my 700p, both to keep the phone from being answered while in my case, and also to keep the hard keys from waking up the phone, except for the Power/End key. Butler doesn't seem to have this option. KeepOff is quirky, sometimes it will allow the screen to come on, but once a key is pressed, it shuts off, but it serves my purpose. I too have the problem with the ringer silencing, but it doesn't answer while in my case! Any other alternatives?
    I use KeyGex on my 650 and love it. It displays battery life, signal strength, ringer on or off, bt on or off and time.
    Too bad TreoGuard is no longer supported -- it was getting close to being perfect.
    ^yes I liked TreoGuard too.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!