1.    #1  
    Well, I am new to the forum and also the Smart Phone territory. I am an ex-PalmV and iPaq user and finally decided to get on the bandwagon. After reading a lot of review I bought an unlocked Treo 650 from eBay (and a Square Warranty just in case.)

I have been reading the suggested new user threads but they are a little overwhelming. I was wondering if there is a handy check list that one can use to check on the latest system update, etc?

Thanks in advance and really looking forward in suing the phone (it is in transit now.)
    You can check the Palm website, on the 650's support page...
    if you are a first time palm smartphone user, then you will enjoy the 650 the way it is. once you get over the euphoria, you will learn to tweak your 650 to enjoy more memory and to play more media and so on and so on.

the palm os treos after 650 haven't been dramatically improved, so you'll be ok with the 650 until linux based models start coming out.
    Welcome to the 650!! After a while you will start playing with it and wanting third party apps. One app I strongly recommend is a backup program. If the phone resets, you can restore your data away from your pc.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    i highly recommend a backup program as well, i use NVBackup and love it, you'll also enjoy google maps and once Directory Assistance is back up and running this is a must as well.
    Thanks and welcome
  6.    #6  
    Thank you all for the advices. I will just keep it simple for now. I may add volume care if the phone exhibit the volume issue. The phone should be in a couple days. Hope all will be working well
    programs I couldn't live without:
    backupman
    volumecare
    kidzone
    dataguard
    palmpuke
    trace

progams I just like:
    dialbyphoto
    microquad
    group sms
    snap (by splashphoto)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxtreo View Post
    Thanks in advance and really looking forward in suing the phone (it is in transit now.)
    Why would you want to sue a phone? What did it ever do to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    programs I couldn't live without:
    backupman
    volumecare
    kidzone
    dataguard
    palmpuke
    trace

progams I just like:
    dialbyphoto
    microquad
    group sms
    snap (by splashphoto)
    FileZ
    Uninstall Manager
  10.    #10  
    Nice catch

Quote Originally Posted by chuckc192000 View Post
    Why would you want to sue a phone? What did it ever do to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    FileZ
    Uninstall Manager
    tcpmp
    mobilewrite
    mvoice
    googlemaps
    palmpdf
    worldmate
    FileZ
    Files
    VolumeCare
    RescoBackup
    CallBlock
    RescoExplorer
    Chatter
    Uninstall Manager
    GoogleMaps
    TCPMP

The heck with the rest but I will keep them anyways.
    at&t iPhone3G
    TCPMP is only necessary if you plan to convert and watch movies and don't plan to use RealPlayer or PocketTunes for music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    TCPMP is only necessary if you plan to convert and watch movies and don't plan to use RealPlayer or PocketTunes for music.
    I don't use neither. I have every plug-in under the sun. I have gotten so used to being able to watch most content with the simple application, I won't deviate.
    at&t iPhone3G