1.    #1  
    So GMM 5.0 is due out by the end of this month per all of the info on Good.com. Here it is September 4th and so far not one word from Good on an actual release date. Not even what week it might launch. My guess is if they cannot tell us by now that it will be due out on a certain date within the next three weeks, it probably won't come out until October or later. Either that or Good has a real poor marketing division.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    You could always back into the date if you find out the release date for WM6 on AT&T. Althought GoodGuy claims the two are mutually exclusive I think we know otherwise.

Assume GMM will release 5.0 either the same day or more likely the day before AT&T/Palm release WM6 and then the Get Good link included with the WM6 OS will actually be working.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    September 28th is the target date...
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 09/05/2007 at 04:15 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Does Good have any intention in the next week or two to actually solidify that date (or else give an alternate date)? Or will we get to September 28th and then wait on a day to day basis for an announcement?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Our VP was in town this week and he said that the 28th is still the date. I can say that the revisions have been coming at a fairly decent clip as of late and based on past releases, that is a good sign.
  6. WDW
    That's all well and good, but most of us don't talk to your VP. I don't see any announcements about September 28th being the date. The Good home page still has a 5.0 link that goes to the same old June 25th announcement (which by the way is quite funny. It starts out saying "Motorola, Inc. today extended its leadership in the mobile office with the announcement of Good Mobile Messaging 5." How do they extend their leadership by announcing a software that even they don't know when it will be released? If I can be an industry leader by simply making announcements then I will start getting busy. Let's see, I want to be the leader in, um, nano technology exports.) So the industry leader has not updated its web site in almost 3 months. The web site is as stale as the GMM software. i have a bad feeling that 5.0 is going to be the same old story...late and disappointing. For my users sake I hope I am wrong.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    Obviously, you are not in the software space. Version announcements are always made well in advance of release. Secondly, that same press release says available in September. Why update a press release when there is nothing to update? If we do not hit the release in September, as stated in the initial release, then we will update the release date.
  8. WDW
    We just want some real information.
    Last edited by WDW; 03/13/2008 at 12:14 PM.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    You are correct. We are in a different development space. You build customized applications based upon specific requirements for a specific environment from a specific customer. We build a consumer application, for multiple environments and multiple platforms. We, unfortunately, do not have the luxury of specific RFP's and RFQ's to create a customized application.
    GoodGuy--GMM has a great employee in you ( I mean this in all seriousness). You go to great lengths to defend your company's actions and/or intentions when they misstep. You clearly feel some responsibility which among other things is evidenced by your frequent visits to this forum.

However, can you at least admit the June announcement of 5.0 with the small asterisk indicating the September target (yes lawyers would probably tell us it is adequate) is somewhat misleading. I for one would have preferred a message that stated very prominently "we are in the testing process for a new version that if all goes well will be released in 3 months. When released this version will include.....in the meantime version 4.9 which is what is currently available does not include many of those features.

Secondly, I would hope that if you learn you will not make that target date that you announce to the world as soon as you learn--not wait until September 28 to say, sorry we missed, our new target is October 29th.

Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Dsol..thanks for the compliment, however, there is plenty of 5.0 information on our website, that has been there for months, with the features of 5.0. I personally wish it wasn't there as it implies it is available now, but it is (and has been) there for awhile now. As for release dates, I personally held off on releasing a date as that has burned me in the past. I waited until I got clarification from a higher up before putting it (and myself) out there. If the date is missed (which, from what I am seeing and hearing, doesn't look like will happen, but one never knows), I probably won't find out until just before it happens. However, if that does happen, I will post here as soon as I am able.
    Let's hope GMM makes the target date. I am really looking forward to inserting attachments and the additional calendar functions should be nice.
    I too am looking forward to the new features. The most requested one is to be able to send attachments (photos) from the phone. We are a small install < 20 users and just got started with Good in the last year.

This may have been answered, but I did not see it: Will the software upgrade be free to existing customers like our company?

Thanks,
    Sam
    Snowsam...

Yes, you will be able to send attachments via GMM and the upgrade will be free.
    GG, can't you go one better and clarify that all your updates are always free? at least I think they always have been. Users buy a license depending on their set up that is either annual or lifetime--or maybe just lifetime.

What about on the server side? Assume it works differently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    GG, can't you go one better and clarify that all your updates are always free? at least I think they always have been. Users buy a license depending on their set up that is either annual or lifetime--or maybe just lifetime.

What about on the server side? Assume it works differently?
    If you have a valid support and maintenance contract, all updates, client and server. With 5.0, a support contract is not required, but future releases will require a support agreement.

Licenses are all now perpetual.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post

Licenses are all now perpetual.
    As is the wait for 5.0 to be released.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT