Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

In the next day or so I plan to purchase a 4gb miniSD (actually miniSDHC) card. Since I want the fastest tranfer speed available I going with a class 6 card. I priced some cards at newegg see links below.

A-DATA 4GB Secure Digital high-Capacity(SDHC) + USB Class 6 Flash Card - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211173

Kingston 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card Model SDM6/4GB - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134518

Transcend 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card Model TS4GSDMHC4 - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208333

My questions are does anyone have experince with A-Data, Kingston or Trancend minSD cards with the 755p? Which are most people using> Lastly, does newegg have the best prices?

I have a two year old HP 6220 laptop with a built-in SD card reader how well should I expect a miniSDHC card to work with it?

Thanks in Advance for any help
    I've had the kingston for about 2weeks, and have zero complaints, its a thread in here with some benchmark tests of the kingstons performance
    HTC Touch Pro
    Me too - the kingston is astonishingly fast - reading other card's performance report, the kingston is the best (VFSMark: 964!!!!!).
    Note that I had it formatted with 32K sectors, not 16K sectors as some suggest.
    Dominique
    Luv the Kingston
    Your laptop SD reader may NOT be compatible. You need one for SDHC formats.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I was one of those who's card reader would not recognize the Kingston card. A small price to pay IMHO for such a fast card. My new card reader cost a whopping $11.
    ^yes they are very inexpensive.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I bought the 4 GB miniSD Kingston card from buy.com for $23. The Treo can format it but I can't use my card readers to transfer songs from my PCs. Both my built-in SD reader on my Thinkpad (with the SD adapter) and the USB2 card reader on my desktop do not recognize the card. Can anyone offer assistance? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I also bought the Kingston and I'm happy with it. I also formatted it with FAT32/32k since I noticed it was faster than FAT32/16.

Cheers.
    I bought the same kingston from NewEgg in August (for $11 more). I love it, no problems and it seems fast.

I put the old 1gb mini sd I had in the adaptor and put it in my camera so now I can always put those photos in my phone to mail it (if I want to).

But before today I never noticed I couldn't read the 4gb in my old readers (I tried it to give you the info). I guess I just never had any reason to try it (it does not work). I've got "card reader" on the phone so I guess I've just been plugging in the USB cable.

Get one!
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Questions:

1. How long should it take the Treo to format the card?

2. I notice that you need to get a reader specifically for this card, as my current reader's wont read it. What specifically should I ask for when I get a reader?

3. If I format the card in the PC to FAT 32, Does that create whatever directories the Palm needs?

3. In my old Treo 650 I was using CardExport2 to make the Treo appear as a drive on the PC. Will that work for the 755 as well? Other recommendations?

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf View Post
    Questions:

1. How long should it take the Treo to format the card?

2. I notice that you need to get a reader specifically for this card, as my current reader's wont read it. What specifically should I ask for when I get a reader?

3. If I format the card in the PC to FAT 32, Does that create whatever directories the Palm needs?

3. In my old Treo 650 I was using CardExport2 to make the Treo appear as a drive on the PC. Will that work for the 755 as well? Other recommendations?

Thanks for your help.
    1. It should format in a few seconds
    2. Ask for a reader that will handle micro, mini, and SD/SDHC cards
    3. If you format on the PC, it won't create the Palm directories, but don't worry about it. If you format a regular 4GB mini SD card (not sdhc) on your PC, you might want to try it with 32K cluster size for better performance.
    3. Card Export II has an updated version for the 755p. Works well on mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    1. It should format in a few seconds
    2. Ask for a reader that will handle micro, mini, and SD/SDHC cards
    3. If you format on the PC, it won't create the Palm directories, but don't worry about it. If you format a regular 4GB mini SD card (not sdhc) on your PC, you might want to try it with 32K cluster size for better performance.
    3. Card Export II has an updated version for the 755p. Works well on mine!
    Thank you very much for your response. I picked up a tiny Sandisk MobileMate SD+ memory card reader and it worked fine. I am also using Card Export II and it works even better now on the 755 then it did on my old 650.

One issue came up which I can't explain. I had purchased a Sandisk 4Gb microSDHC card which came already formatted. Put it into the Treo and the Treo 755 recognized it. Thinking that it might be a good idea to format it in the Treo, I proceeded to do so. One hour later it was still formatting. Thinking that something must be screwed up. I pulled the card out of the Treo. The Treo promptly responded "Format Failure". However, the card was still formatted. Works perfectly both in the Treo and in the card reader for the PC. Thus I asked how long a format should take.... anyway all's well that ends well

Thanks again for the help.
    Just ran VFSMark on my Sandisk MicroSD 6gb and got a score of 1054.

Formatted as Fat32/32k cluster
    gadgetfreak:
    SD Card Readers will not read SDHC Cards. < 4 GB are typically SD, >= 4GB are typically SDHC (There may be a few 4GB SD out there... but I think they don't technically follow the consortium specifications). SDHC Card Readers (which should be labeled specifically with "SDHC") will read both SD and SDHC.
    So... buy a new SDHC reader. Expect to pay between $3 and $12.
    Hope this helps.
    BradS

Pilot Pro-->III-->Vx-->Tungsten E-->T|X-->Treo 755p
    For anyone looking for an inexpensive card. Here is a Kingston miniSD 4GB with adaptor for under $20

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...53&dcaid=17653
    I ended up with an 8GB microSD. I got it from ebay. Comes w mini and sd adapter and even a card reader! I play MP3s from it, and also have TomTOm installed on it. Shows up as a 4GB, but I have over 6GB of stuff on it, which is completely readable. Works great. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=009
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etjny View Post
    I ended up with an 8GB microSD. I got it from ebay. Comes w mini and sd adapter and even a card reader! I play MP3s from it, and also have TomTOm installed on it. Shows up as a 4GB, but I have over 6GB of stuff on it, which is completely readable. Works great. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=009
    Thanks, bought it and works fantastic with the 755p, Tom Tom 6 is nice and fast now.
    SanDisk all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by afahd View Post
    Hi All,

In the next day or so I plan to purchase a 4gb miniSD (actually miniSDHC) card. Since I want the fastest tranfer speed available I going with a class 6 card. I priced some cards at newegg see links below.

A-DATA 4GB Secure Digital high-Capacity(SDHC) + USB Class 6 Flash Card - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211173

Kingston 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card Model SDM6/4GB - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134518

Transcend 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card Model TS4GSDMHC4 - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208333

My questions are does anyone have experince with A-Data, Kingston or Trancend minSD cards with the 755p? Which are most people using> Lastly, does newegg have the best prices?

I have a two year old HP 6220 laptop with a built-in SD card reader how well should I expect a miniSDHC card to work with it?

Thanks in Advance for any help

Only one of the above cards is a miniSD class 6-- the Kingston, and this one is discontinued according to the link and the reviews report corrupted data.

Adam
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast