Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I use my Bluetooth headset without resets. My Blue 755p died when I was paired with my headset; I tried to pair the headset to another device without turning Bluetooth off first. The device died and had to be replaced.

You may have a lemon.
    You may be right. It has been very stable up until I started using my BT headset more. I may have a BT problem that has been there for awhile but I didn't know since I wasn't using BT very often.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  2.    #22  
    Wow.

I've really hit a nerve with some of you guys. As for the "randomly locks up constantly" thing, OK, so I should have proofread. You know what i mean. People generally use the term "random lock ups", referring to lockups, and I used constantly after it. Big whoop. It doesn't mean I'm an *****, you are right, I am wrong, whatever.

I have made arguments EXACTLY like you guys are making. I had 6 Treo 650s. Each lasted roughly 6 months. Then, it would die completely, start dropping calls, "randomly lock up constantly", quick drain the battery, whatever. I had 5 phones in 2.5 years. And I wasn't here bashing palm. Stuff happens. I understand that. I read enough here to know enough. I know that EVERYONE IS CONSTANTLY complaining about an update that is going to solve all their problems. Has that update EVER happened? I remember 1.12 ( I think that's what it was) was a pretty big fix for the 650, but it still had problems.

As for the "user error" theories, I would have agreed with you, until it happened to me. With the exception of my "6 month" problem on my 650s, they worked pretty well. I'd have the occasional lockup, but nothing other than that. But I'd come to the forums and read about all these problems that people were having. And what did I think? User error. I thought those people were idiots. The 650 was awesome. How could mine be so good, and theirs be so bad? It didn't add up. Flash to June when my first 755p took a dump, and I started to see. After getting 755 number 2 ~5 weeks after the first one, I thought my problems were over. I figured that #1 had problems from the box, but that 755 #2 would certainly be the end of my problems. Here it is September, and I see that these problems are par for the course.

Am I completely wrong about this? Aren't half the forum posts here about "when will palm release the update", "new update is out", "new update killed my phone", "treo locking up with xxxx app", etc, etc, etc. I'm not blind.

Yes, I agree that 3rd party applications are a HUGE part of the problem. Again, that's what I blamed as the problem when I read all the other peoples' problems. But I'm running ZERO apps that didn't come installed on my treo when it came out of the box. I've got some games installed on an SD card that was used in my 650, but I haven't even purchased a miniSD card yet, so there's nothing there.

Yet I still have problems.

Look, if you guys want to chalk me up as some crazy guy, a palm basher, and *****, guy who doesn't know how to use his phone, etc, feel free. This is a forum. I'm posting my opinion. That's why the forums are here. To discuss this stuff. If you really take that much offense to me talking about my displeasure with a phone that you might happen to own, you should seriously evaluate your life.

As for one other statement, again, I'm not a palm basher. Did I say one time that I was pissed becuase my phone didn't have WIFI? Or more memory? Or "the I want more" phraze that was put into my mouth? HELL NO. I said that I want my phone to work. It sucks. It does not work like it should. And palm has had 4 years to make it work correctly. No matter how you slice it, the 755 is about the 5th revision of the Treo 600. And it sucks. And I just gave them $400 of my money. Not happening again.

D.C.
    sorry I didn't mean that statement to be rude. I actually thought it was kinda funny. Okay I know I should of left this post alone since it really didn't have anything that anyone could help with. I just find this site very helpfull when I have questions or when I can help other people with problems they have. I just get annoyed when people post topics that are just to complain. If you care about the product you bought learn it! If you do have resets or lockups then search about it ... Im sure there is hardly any software that doesn't have a topic about and if not make a topic with questions that can actually be answered.
    The issue may be a Saved Pref problem. I would try to get rid of the Saved Pref (backup first) and let the Saved Pref recreate itself. You may have carried something over from the 650. Maybe hard reset and rename the backup directory to hotsync only the PIM data. This will most likely fix your issue since you don't have 3rd party apps.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Call me anal but I never move the software from my treo upgrades...when I went from the 650p to 700p or 700p to 755p. I only export files like the calender, memos and contacts, then I delete the hotsync name I use and rebuild it with my new device....Takes extra time but lets me bypass chasing trolls.....
    maybe we are in urgent need of some tech support for our 755p like

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html
    or
    http://www.illwillpress.com/tech3.html
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    The issue may be a Saved Pref problem. I would try to get rid of the Saved Pref (backup first) and let the Saved Pref recreate itself. You may have carried something over from the 650. Maybe hard reset and rename the backup directory to hotsync only the PIM data. This will most likely fix your issue since you don't have 3rd party apps.
    That could be it. How would one go about doing that?

D.C.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12