1. BJB
    I have searched the forum and scoured the web but I have a missing piece of information on how to fix this issue.

Just CHOOSING the SMS app crashes my treo. A post-crash log says "A crash ocurred.....while running"SMS".....Datamgr.c.....Index out of range.

I know this is related to a corrupt SMS database but the filename everyone points to is "MessagesDatabase.pdb". I do not have one of those files per Filez and I have ROM selected...I DO have an "SMS Msg Database" and an "SMS Messages 2" file along with files with the phone number of the sender in the filename.

So I can't delete a file that is not there or is the correct database on the Verizon 650 the SMSMsgDatabase?
    What files should I delete to get SMS back up? Or can I just copy back an old file from a synch from before I had this problem. I don't want to restore my entire Treo for this.

I would also like to back up my SMS messages before deleting but it looks like the DOS download utility everyone points to is no longer available.

MMS comes up fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    BJB
    Last edited by BJB; 09/04/2007 at 11:16 AM.
  2. BJB
    Well here is the solution. I found a wonderful product called "Treodesktop" here http://www.treodesktop.com/

It imports and saves into its own database (if you pay a nominal registration fee) all of your SMS message and phone calls from your desktop palm database. You can then save, export to excel, print, etc... So if your last synch is not corrupted, you will still have your history even if your phone has SMSitis.

And of course once you do that, deleting all your SMS database files off of your Treo is not that scary and worked. SMS is working on the Treo again.

Further, if you have a newer Treo (late 650 and up), Treodesktop can actually generate an SMS database that you can then synch BACK to your Treo.

All I did is install and run the program once and all my SMS messages and phone log entries were there. That was all there was to it!

BJB