1.    #1  
    My 755's back light stays half lit while I am on the phone. I hate this because I like to talk at night in the bed with my girlfriend and the light messes with my eyes. The 650 used to turn all the way off. WTF?
    the application called phone technician has an option for u to manually shut backlight off during a call or it can shut off after x amount of seconds

give it a try

another one of hobbyist great apps

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I ordered the fix
  4.    #4  
    This is great, I love this application. And it downloaded easily into my phone in less than a minute after I purchased it. Anyone who reads this thread, this is a great fix to two big problems. The back light as well as the volume. It has like 5 extra clicks to let you really hear the conversation. Definately worth $15 bucks!
    Great answers! Thanks! So i guess i can order stuff from my Treo then
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    The sad thing about this is that you have to get another application to do this. Palm should have had this built in.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Great answers! Thanks! So i guess i can order stuff from my Treo then
    I ordered it online, just because it was easier and faster. You provide them your cell number and they send you a text with an internet link in it. You click on the link and the program downloads into your phone. It's fairly simple.
  8.    #8  
    BTW, my phone's battery holds a lot longer now that I have this fix. Also, my volume is able to be turned up a lot higher than before. The best $15 bucks I've spent in a long time!!!
    dont mention it, glad i could lead u in the right direction

there is another one of his programs for 10 bucks which helps allot in saving battery consumption, new application called power hero
    i use a free program called Sandman.PRC you can map it to a hard button, i have mine mapped to the green send button since its no good for anything, and it shuts the screen off anytime you want
    Here is the Program if anybody is interested
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i think i used that application in the past but i think the issue was that u couldnt turn the screen on again unless u hung up your call
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i think i used that application in the past but i think the issue was that u couldnt turn the screen on again unless u hung up your call
    I've been using Sandman since my T600 days. You can use any of the four hard buttons to turn the screen back on. It's hard to remember not to use the red power/end button though.
    yes any hard button will turn the screen back on. i been using it since my 600 days and i havent had a problem with any of my treos
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    ...you can map it to a hard button, i have mine mapped to the green send button...
    How do you do that? Can you do it natively or is there a third party app required? I see how I can map the Phone, Calendar etc. buttons but I'm not seeing the green send button...
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkD View Post
    How do you do that? Can you do it natively or is there a third party app required? I see how I can map the Phone, Calendar etc. buttons but I'm not seeing the green send button...
    you can use Ludus P or Zlauncher to map buttons like Send or the Power/off button, if you dont have any of these apps just map it to the Side button , most people dont even use that, and you can map it thru the preferences menu in the system tab
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    the application called phone technician has an option for u to manually shut backlight off during a call or it can shut off after x amount of seconds

give it a try

another one of hobbyist great apps

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/
    I tried to download this program, but it says it's not compatible with Sprint phones. I'm guessing you're using a Sprint phone, right? Did you download it directly to your phone, or did you hot sync it over? It seems to have a lot of features I'd like to have on my phone!

Thanks!